Thread: Bigger fuel line

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon

Bigger fuel line

would there be any performance increase on a carbed accord if u increased the fuel line size?

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Fuel line size wont do nothing unless your float bowl is running out. Even then that would point to the pump not being up to snuff rather than the fuel line unless it is very very restrictive. That doesnt mean more performance it just means dehandicapping.

I know what you are thinking though. To that I would say you would have to rejet the carb and get a bigger pump if necessary to satisfy the bigger appetite. Since right now the carb is optimized for fuel economy, emmissions, and smooth idle. As you have noticed people just get webers and get different jet kits to suit their application. Mike comes to mind. Beats rejeting the stock carb I bet. What a hassle it would be. Especially since they didnt think "reconfigurable" when they made it.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    yeah unless youre running more than like 300hp at the wheels with a turbo you shouldnt need new fuel lines. If your flow sucks, check your filters and pump first.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    if you gonna make your fuel line bigger, you may as well replace the pump with high flow pump.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    a better pump and larger fuel line is not needed on anything less than dual DCOE 45's

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    Carb would be ok with the bigger fuel line and pump...but you might encounter some mix problems......Id say go with the webbers.....

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    How much would it be for re jetting the weber? I think I was told before I should get a different accelerator jet. I guess I should try to figure out how to get more pull out of the throttle cable b/c my weber does open fully and I'm frusterated b/c I flattend that bracket out and drilled a new hole and it still doesn't open to WOT.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    You didn't drill the hole close enough to the throttle shaft. Weber jets are between $4 and $6 a piece. I think the dgv pump jet is an expensive one though.

andy

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    So the hole I drilled is too far to the right and not close enought to that pivot? I guess I will try it again this weekend. I am tired of not racing people b/c I don't have it working right. I guess I will have to get that weber book. I have no idea where the jets are.

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Think about it this way, if you are moving along the circumference of a circle for a specific distance, the smaller the cicle is the greater the change in angle from the start point (bigger pie). If you can measure the total throttle cable travel when you push the pedal to the floor (get some help and make sure there was no slack) you can use a formula to help you not have to try over and over again.

Lets say to get WOT (from --- to |) the angular deflection is T, your cable travel is X, and your unknown: the distance from the absolute center of the pivot-barcket attachment to a hole on the bracket, is R.

C = pi * 2R,
    360/T = C/X, ... C = 360*X/T
    pi * 2R = 360*X/T
    R = (360*X)/(2*T*pi)

T must be about 90, pi = 3.14, then you measure X. After that you will be in Trump City. Should get you close enough not to have to try again.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 2.0 Si prelude
    no there wont be there will just be less pressure in the fuel line, less efficiency

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 2.0 Si prelude
    if you want to increase performance dont touch your fuel line its the carb which controls fuel so if you wanna increase power adjust your throttle, making the mixture rich also comes with its minuses, you will sacrifice power for fuel economy.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 2.0 Si prelude
    if you want to increase performance dont touch your fuel line its the carb which controls fuel so if you wanna increase power adjust your throttle, making the mixture rich also comes with its minuses, you will sacrifice power for fuel economy.

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    OOoooooo very right -Lude

-Travis-