Thread: found some parts and pieces... check it

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i

Question found some parts and pieces... check it

well, after doing a lot of searching and checking leads, i've found some more parts i like.

discounttiredirect.com
    Dunlop SP Sport A2's for $61.00 each free shipping
    Size of Dunlop I looked at was P195/60R-14 85H B
    Yokohama AVID H4's for $58.00 each Free Shipping
    Size of Yokohamas was P195/60R-14 85H
    X-Wheels 5 Spoke 14x6 4-100 35S for $60.00 each

dropzonesuspension.com
    DZ1002CO Accord Adjustable Coilovers for 86-89 at $107 each

Etronics.com
    Head unit: Pioneer DEH-2400F CD Receiver for $109.99
    Front Speakers: Pioneer TS-G1347 5-1/4" 2-way (pair) for $32.99 at 120 watts
    Subwoofer: Pioneer TS-WX101 10" enclosed subwoofer for $91.99

so what do you think?

-nolan

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    dont get the wheels... save up for at least 15's
    they coilovers will also need struts.. not just regular ones... but revalved KONI's +$1000 right there!

that head is garbage... save up some more cash... or spend more on one area...

you cant just buy coilovers and thats all!
    you also need an amp for that sub which is garbage as well!

you need major help with your choices...

if you have MSN or AIM...

add me and i will help you out a bit

AIM viperblueaccord
    MSN [email protected]
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Fn' Blue Honda Accord Lxi 4dr
    I think ima check out that site...i wouldt get the 14'a either but still it seems promising and i appreciate u posting it BTW i have a pioneer head unit and it kicks ass i got it running to sony xplode speakers front and back and it thumps..those speakers prob wont be bad..people on here just only want the best when it comes to this stuff...but those pioneers would sound fine..but if ur gonna get a single sealed sub at least get a 12" and at least a 200watt amp that all you would needeven with all that u prob wouldnt need a capictor...i just realized i do im running a 350 rockford fosgate to 2 10 in a dual bandpass box and my dash is dimming heh good luck man
    "But no matter how much you tune it, it is still just an 86."

Kyoichi Sodou
    ~Initial D

MOds: bunch...if you see blue streak by catch up to me and ill show you ^_^

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Re: found some parts and pieces... check it

Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
    well, after doing a lot of searching and checking leads, i've found some more parts i like.

X-Wheels 5 Spoke 14x6 4-100 35S for $60.00 each

dropzonesuspension.com
    DZ1002CO Accord Adjustable Coilovers for 86-89 at $107 each

so what do you think?

-nolan
    Hey I see a big problem with the rims, 35mm offset, a big no no. Only buy rims that are 40mm up to 45mm offset, NEVER get them with less than 40mm offset.

DXHATCHBACK is right about those Dropzones. Their are incredibaly stiff 200% stiffer than stock in the front and 300% stiffer than stock in the rear. Even standard Koni's won't be able to control springs that stiff properly. Running coilovers that stiff on weak struts like tokico's H.P.'s, Kyb GR-2's, or stock struts is a receipe for the worst ride quality you've ever experienced, unless your used to a bad ride in the first place. Your friends will nick name your car the rodeo car Frankly you should only want coilovers/springs that stiff if you are deep into how your car handles. I know your chasing price, but I hope you wouldn't want to kick the ride quality down that far. Now if you just don't care, we that's your right. But I would not be me, if I did not inform you on what will happen. If it was me, I'd look into a different coilover, one that car run standard Koni's in the front and tokico's in the rear (even though you really should run Koni's in the rear to).

BTW, instead of revalved Koni's you can run revavled Bilsteins for $630
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    pioneer sucks

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    well as you can tell, i really don't know much of anything about cars. i saw those sights on here and sound domain and figured i would check them out. i appreciate the input and now ask. what do i get? i already have kind of a rough ride being stock, so what should i get. i want a smoother ride. i don't race, and i'm looking more towards fuel economy right now. why, because i have close to an hour drive to school and then another back home. i'm in college not high school, in case you were wondering, that's why i was going for cheaper. i have heard good things about the A2's on here. so...............???
    Nolan
    check my profile

I'm on AIM at Maxaccord3G

I AM THE STIG

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    i went back and looked at tire & wheel packages. and tires by themselves. first i found some TSW VX1's 15x7 4-100 40S for $68.00 each i would guess. then i found a package of
    (4) 205/50R -15 86H B Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires with (4) 15x6.5 4-100 40S Rage Breaker Wheels for $552.00. better???
    Nolan
    check my profile

I AM THE STIG

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    well as you can tell, i really don't know much of anything about cars. i saw those sights on here and sound domain and figured i would check them out. i appreciate the input and now ask. what do i get? i already have kind of a rough ride being stock, so what should i get. i want a smoother ride. i don't race, and i'm looking more towards fuel economy right now. why, because i have close to an hour drive to school and then another back home. i'm in college not high school, in case you were wondering, that's why i was going for cheaper. i have heard good things about the A2's on here. so...............???
    Hey, not a problem, don't think you have to be a total expert on everything automobile, it totally ok that's what were here for

Ok, I'll need to ask you a question of 2 to better help you. One thing that I do want to say is, all lowering springs are stiffer, so no matter what you do, the ride will be firmer or much stiffer than stock, depending on what springs you use. I'll try and guide you to what will make you happiest, and I'll try and get you their at the lowest cost I can. Since your mentioning ride quality, I'm gonna have to say to stay away from coilovers. Which takes me to the issue of, how much drop do you need to make you happy? I will say that based on the ride quality you say you want, that you should get the softest lowering spring possible and that is a 1.5" drop. That would be the Neuspeed/H&R springs.

Here's a pic of what was my car with a 1.5" drop on H&R's
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    i went back and looked at tire & wheel packages. and tires by themselves. first i found some TSW VX1's 15x7 4-100 40S for $68.00 each i would guess. then i found a package of
    (4) 205/50R -15 86H B Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires with (4) 15x6.5 4-100 40S Rage Breaker Wheels for $552.00. better???
    Yeah both of those have a 40mm offset so they will work just fine.

I've never driven on those falken's so I cannot comment. I do like dunlop A2's. I'd also check out www.whalentire.com and see what you can put together for 15" packages.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    i would be perfectly content with a 1.5" drop, and i checked out whalentire.com and found a package i could be happy with. i found some Enkei 15s 40mm at a size of 15x6.5" with Kumho ECSTA 711's size: 205/50R-15 for a package price of $516.00. what do you think?
    Nolan
    check my profile

I AM THE STIG