Thread: Clear corners

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.

Clear corners

I know that the 88-89 front corners just have an orange film or something on the inside that can be cleared out, whereas those of us with 86-87's have orange plastic. My question is this: are the 88-89 corner pieces interchangeable with 86-87 ones? If so I'm going to go to a junkyard or just find someone with an 88-89 that doesn't care if they have orange corners and trade with them.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i coupe, Monterey Green Metalic

hmmm

Well, I know you can put the 88-89 corners on the 86-87. I also know the side markers only match up (pattern-wise) with the headlight and grille trim from the 88-89 accord, so you may want to consider getting all of that (grille, headlight trim, and sidemarkers. If you're talking about the bumper-mounted turn signals, I'm not entirely sure. You would at least have to change out the entire light assembly. I'm not sure if what you're talking about will work, though.
    Last edited by philendrick; 05-24-2002 at 06:32 PM.
    The 1989 Honda Accord - "Take a grip of steering"

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    86-87 accord bumper lenses don't fit 88-89 accords.

to modify the 88-89 bumper signals, u gotta precisely cut with a pen knife along the edge of each lens and stuff cuz it's sealed with silicon or some glue.
    theres a tutorial on doing that somewhere in 3geez.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I will have a how to, with pics, on how to do the clear bumper turn signals for the 86-87 cars posted in a couple of days. The work & pics are done. Butthe pics need to be put onto photo cd and then posted.

I was wondering if corner (in fender) lens would fit from the 88-89 cars into the 86-87 cars. I understand that the headlight eyelid and the piece next to it on the grill won't match it's color/texture.

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)
    Hey Toasty what were you talking about when you said that the 88-89 Accord corners just have an orange film inside them?
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord
    mine's an 88, and its solid plastic yellow. I already ripped mine apart to find out it wasn't a film. You'd have to cut the yellow out completely and plexiglass a replacement.... so I scraped the idea and left it how it was. Besides, my sidemarker lights are yellow so I gotta keep some conisistency...
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    I hadn't looked at mine, I read in a thread somewhere on here or maybe on the old AF 3g forum that the 88-89 ones were easy to clear. Maybe someone didn't know what they were talking about. Anyway I'm going to get them custom made if I can't find an easier way to clears. And I'm getting clear sidemarkers too, possibly JDM ones if I can find them and otherwise custom sides as well.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    you were thinking about the 88-89 bumper signals.... you just take them out and pop out the orange plastic... as for the corner markers you have to go custom... there are a few companys that make them but they are all made with some sort of yellow or orange for the parking light bulb..... just get a set of stock corner markers and break out the entire plastic part and mold in some plexi-glass and glue it on....
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    Im just going to send my corners & tailights to ClearCorners.com
    Ive seen their work & its was preety good. Im going to have them install HID LED bulbs.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    My 86-87 clears
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    ""Im going to have them install HID LED bulbs.""

HID LED? what is that?

Vehicle
    Its basically a really brite LED bulb. For pictures of them go to www.Clearcorners.com

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yeah, i knwo what u mean. but i was confused about why they used HID LED for a technical description. LED has no discharge. its just a one way system that uses an arc bwt terminals.