Thread: Question about weber carb with automatic tranny

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda accord LX

Question about weber carb with automatic tranny

Hi Guys,

1989 accord LX automatic

Been down the whole path with the stock carb. Have had to increase idle significantly to get a drivable car. I was thinking about doing the 32/36 weber swap. There have been some good tutorials covering most of the details, but I have two questions which I have not found completely clear on other threads:

-Automatic cars have a TV / 'kick down' cable. On mine the throttle is one cable which goes to the carb, and the TV cable comes out of the back of the carb. (looks like the same 'spring wheel' thingy holds both the throttle and TV cable) On the websites selling the weber replacement I see warnings like "Automatic transmission vehicles may require modifications to allow the use of the kick down cable.". Have any of you had experience with these type of 'modifications' or what else I would be looking to buy in order to accomplish the switch?

-There are two separate vacuum advance lines coming from the distributor but only one on the weber. Should I Tee them together or just block off one and use the other?

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by sona1111; 05-06-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: Question about weber carb with automatic tranny

Ive alwYs used the type tv cable that attaches at the floor pedal, much simpler to get adjusted when using weber or other carbs. I think you can get by using what you have if you are creative but be advised it is a fine adjustment to get tv right, the throttle hardware has to be consistent at release stop . I do remove the cresent shaped cable trolley and attach it to the weber because it it much better than cutting the cable, and allows full travel of the throttle. No telling how many conversions out there are not getting true WOT because the cheesy way the kit instructs you to do.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda accord LX

Hey 2oodoor,

Was looking at this thread for ideas: https://www.3geez.com/forum/carburet...onversion.html

Do you know if its possible to convert from the carb TV cable to the floor TV cable? Would be interested if anyone on here had one to sell!

Thank you

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda accord LX

Hello All,

Other carb problems have surfaced (not unexpected - it was from a junkyard) so I will have to make the call soon to get either a rebuilt ebay one or a weber. How much welding is needed to attach the auto trans cable? Any other major problems that could come from the conversion?

Thanks again for reading.