Thread: Still going and going

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Still going and going

Im pleased and amazed at the interest still generating on our cars. Even though mine is dormant lol waiting on me to fuelish pumpish it and get the long awaited duckduck trunk bill fill for it, and although Ive gotten into a much ridiculously fast but not as interesting car as a dd, Im still feeling the 3rd gen love here and inspires me to move forward with mine when thoughts of selling/giving it away have been amise lol

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Still going and going

Me too still a car that gives a million smiles.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Sigh. I need to get my brakes fixed so I can drive it, but I have no time. :-(
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1987 LXi 5-sp hatch, 1988 DX 5-sp hatch

My 87 LXi just turned 200k. I expect several more years out of her, but alas I don't think I'll ever catch oldblueaccord!

Vehicle
    Honda Prelude BA2 1987 2.0i-16V. B20A1

Snooze,

Fix your stu... brakes man ! Spent half the time you're on this forum on your brakes and they will be done in no time.Is it a lot you have to fix ? Fix them and enjoy your really nice car again.

Auke.

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by awh View Post
    snooze,

fix your stu... Brakes man ! Spent half the time you're on this forum on your brakes and they will be done in no time.is it a lot you have to fix ? Fix them and enjoy your really nice car again.

Auke.
    x2

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

You guys are right. I have a leak at the prop valve. I need to replace it and re-do all the flare fittings too because I kinda wrecked them with my continual fiddling and fixing on it. Some of those lines duck into the cabin, so either I need to jury rig new flare fittings in some fashion, or replace those loooooong lines going down the length of the car through the cabin. Then I need to clean out the old fluid, which by some freak coincidence just happens to be canola oil. Don't ask. It's probably a good time to go completely through the entire brake system and re-do everything. Plus I kinda facked up the engine bearings. More canola oil. Don't ask. It will probably be just fine if I put a heavier oil in, but well ya know. Sigh.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    You guys are right. I have a leak at the prop valve. I need to replace it and re-do all the flare fittings too because I kinda wrecked them with my continual fiddling and fixing on it. Some of those lines duck into the cabin, so either I need to jury rig new flare fittings in some fashion, or replace those loooooong lines going down the length of the car through the cabin. Then I need to clean out the old fluid, which by some freak coincidence just happens to be canola oil. Don't ask. It's probably a good time to go completely through the entire brake system and re-do everything. Plus I kinda facked up the engine bearings. More canola oil. Don't ask. It will probably be just fine if I put a heavier oil in, but well ya know. Sigh.
    Im looking for one for you all the time.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    2013 Tricycle

Do not EVER... EVER... get rid of your 3G. You will regret it for the rest of your existance. Trust. Keep that bad boy.

Vehicle
    Honda Prelude BA2 1987 2.0i-16V. B20A1

Ok,now i understand it will not be done in half a day,but you have to start somewhere. It will only get worse if you leave it as it is as the gremlins you tend to speak of will visit your's too.. I get the impression you're affraid when you fix your brakes,you're engine will be next.
    You do make me curious about the canola origine,though..Had to ask..

Auke.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX 5sp

I certainly wish I could have held on to my 3g. The ability to get to work and the neighborhood bugging me about it as well as no place to work on it made the decision for me.
    I am glad to see there is still some traffic here.