Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what up with the b18a swap. the b20a is not worth it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    85 Prelude & 03 RSX- TyoeS

Question Loads of B20's

Hey , are the B20As really that rare around you guys?? Well here is the story in and around the Toronto, Canada Area. From my home right now there are about 20 that i know of and myaybe more B20A motors just sitting in various engine shops gathering dust. Gold valve cover, black valve cover and even a few side draught carbed versions. The guy I got mine from (in absolutley pristine condition) didn't even know what car it was for.When I took one look at it I KNEW, but after holding on to it for about a year or two, he was willing to let it go for cheap. $350 Cdn! So there i was B20A PGM-Fi and Carbed 85 Prelude (as my dayly). Anyway, back to the story; the guy who had my motor and most of the other engine dealers here order b20as as replacement engines for the 88-91 Ludes.Once they get here and realize that it's the wrong B20, then there's no turning back. Can't just send it back to Japan! So they'll just sit and sit and sit.....

Vehicle
    2010 Genesis Coupe; 1996 240SX
    Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
    Dude! I agree with u! All I was stating that just because B20a has more torque does not make it better or worse than the B16a! :wave:
    Well, the torque is still important, and its the curve that matters as well as the max torque. Remember that Horsepower is just derived from torque.

Pics of the '89 Accord Coupe: link

Vehicle
    2010 Genesis Coupe; 1996 240SX
    Originally posted by Justin86
    I would love to drop in a B18C but the question is on the price. Is it worth the money. If I ever get the money I probably will do it but I'm still researching. Basically my goal is to have the fastest street legal 3g and I belive that the B18C would be a step in the right direction. What to you guys think?
    Well, in terms of worth a 90s B series is better off in a lighter civic/integra/crx.

If you are looking to build the fastest street legal 3G, then I think your best bet would be the B18C from the NorthAm ITR.

Pics of the '89 Accord Coupe: link

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    I'm serisouly thinking about this B18C swap. I have got the support of all of my car buds at school. Some of them work at some salvage yards and they will hook me up for cheap if they can get one. I'm thinking if I can get a engine and tranny for cheap they get a the parts up to speck, I might be able to this for under $5,000. I really hope.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Originally posted by DarknessRS
    Well, the torque is still important, and its the curve that matters as well as the max torque. Remember that Horsepower is just derived from torque.
    I would still take a GSR over a B20a

Vehicle
    If any of you guys read last months Honda Tunning, it proves that the B18C kicks ass. It also says that you can bore it out to a 2.0L to be making around 250hp.:badass: Even if the swap costs you a pretty pinney it is worth it, but if you are serious about your car this is one the best things you could do for it, but that is only my opinion. Two things that made be a beliver in the B18C is Wicked Accord's sweet ride and Erick Aguilar runnig low 10's with an all motor B18C with a stock type R tranny. :pimp: & :badass:
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    DarknessRS, Are those 3 geez in ur avatar for real? Did someone actually race these things with sponsors?

Vehicle
    NorthAm ITR? Is this a web site or company? How can I contact them?

Vehicle
    Ok guys my friend belives he has found a B18C for be at a junkyard. He works there and is telling me that I can get everything that I want out of the Integra for free. He said at the worst baybe a $100. He is not sure if is a GS-R or Type R but I'm going to check it out tomorrow to see if is the real thing.:)