Thread: Where does #20 vacume hose go?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX

Where does #20 vacume hose go?

I have put a new intake manifold and carb in my car and i have everything hooked up but yet i have one extra hose and thats hose number 20 it is not going anywhere so i dunno whats up with that. someone please help me. also where does hose 27 go yo also
    If it is broken then fix it. IF NOT LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Straight from the shop manual. I can help you with #20. Goes from the control box to the fat metal vacuum tube that taps into cylinder 3 & 4 manifold vacuum. I dont see #27. Where is it hanging from? Hope you find it.

You could do yourself a favor and find the shop manual thread/FAQ or something and find the link do download it. Thanks to Paul.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    ooh! I need to download that... it's good seeing the engine with less emissions controls.

BTW they also lable the engine code as KX... I wonder how much stuff we would find if we ran a search for KX performance parts instead of A20. unless KX is like BS then I'd doubt we'd get much at all.
    Last edited by A20A1; 02-12-2003 at 11:59 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Its for year 86 so I figure there are probably a few very minor differences here and there from the 88-89 sub generation. Some cosmetic and I dont know what else though. I dont know anything about those KX, KQ, KG, etc labels.
    Here the link: Paul's Shop Manual

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    That diagram is different then what i have. I have an 87 accord Lx and i took the intake manifold and carb off of an 86 Lx would that make a difference? if so can i just plug number 20 because it is not coming from the vacume box,

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    # 20 is for automatic cars... I don't see it on manual transmission carb diagrams... the hose comes off the manifold vacuum tap on the left side of the carb (cylinders 3 & 4) and connects to a valve and a solenoid near the fuse box., then it routes back to the idle diaphragm on the left side of the carb.

On a manual transmissions # 6 is routed from Manifold Vacuum to the Idle diaphragm on the left side of the carb and has a vacuum check valve in-line.
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    ok, here is something i wonder. Ok i took the intake manifold and carb off of a manual 86LX now am i going to have to change the intake manifold and carb because i have an auto or can i just plug those 2 open vacume lines?

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base

For what its worth

Unfortunately I haven't kept my ruins in decipherable condition since it was a huge rush ripping those hoses off. Furthermore I have a 89 manual 5spd. Still, I'll show you what I got using a crappy, I repeat, crappy webcam.

This is the back side of the tree behind the carb (firewall side). Just the connections pointing towards the control box.

11, 8, 19, forget C (air jet controller).

This is the front side

3, 7, forget hidden B (air jet controller).

These are the connections pointing towards the control box on the perpendicular section that taps into the manifold (same tree).

20, 2 (distributor), 10, 2 (??)

These ports are on the tree well on the left of the carb hooked to the distributor advance etc. They also face towards the control box.

5, 26, forget A (air jet controller).

All these listed numbers except the #20 and #2 have numbered hoses coming from the control box. One #2 goes to the distributer and I'm not sure about the other. There is also a #16 hooked to the white round thing. Here's the kicker, I have a #27 hose from the control box that is not accounted for. Now #10 and #27 from the box are exactly the same length, while the others are shorter. If I were to put mine back I would plug the #27 hose on the #20 port. Less likely, the other #2 but they still tap off the same place anyway.

On your case I would agree the auto vs manual is a further complication. Maybe an incomplete throttle controller/dashpot system, or just the connections. I dont mean to fuzzy it up even further by showing my incomplete stuff but just in case.

Experiment and see how goes the plague.
    Last edited by mindlos; 03-31-2003 at 08:30 PM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hehe this is a neat problem...
    so you have a # 20 that came with the automatic trans and would normally be connected to the valves by the fuse box.
    Hose # 20 taps into manifold vacuum near the same place hose # 6 does on the manual trans.

The manual trans uses hose # 6 in the place of hose # 20... and instead of valves like the auto, the manual trans has a small in-line vacuum check valve.

I see # 20 port as being capped off on the manual vacuum diagram... and # 6 capped off on the automatic diagram.

They both serve the same function... to control the idle diaphragm on the left side of the carb.

#27 is the same for both manual and auto, it goes to the emissions box and connects to manifold vacuum I think
    Last edited by A20A1; 02-14-2003 at 10:55 AM.
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Ok they may be the same But where in the hell does 27 go because i cannot find it .

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, carb, AT
    #27 is part of the Feedback Control System.. so called M-system with air control valve A and frequency solenoid valve A.
    Check this vacuum diag: http://www.angelfire.com/sd/bryhig/honda/vacdiag.html
    My car (auto) doesn't have it, neither 27 nor 20. Instead it has #6 and the green check valve to throttle diaphragm, just like a manual..

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    ok so should i just go back to the junk yard and pull the vacume box off of the 86 lx accord. and throw it into my 87 or should i just plug the 27 hose?