Thread: Help removing vacuum hoses on 84 ES2.

DX User

Help removing vacuum hoses on 84 ES2.

I'm putting in a Weber on my 84 hatchback, but I don't have the factory service manual. Since all the pictures are dead on the swap thread, I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the engine bay either during or after the swap. Working from text that refers to a picture that doesn't exist is kinda rough. I'd love any help you guys have! Thanks!

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: Help removing vacuum hoses on 84 ES2.

Only thing you need to hook up is the distributor and brake booster to vacuum manifold. Nothing else will really hook up to the Weber without some clever tinkering and understanding when and how each vacuum component operates. Get lots of vacuum caps to block off all the vacuum ports on the intake manifold. Don't buy the shitty ones, or they blow off, and split and fall apart.

DX User

Re: Help removing vacuum hoses on 84 ES2.

Thanks for the reply! Ok, so I get the advance- does that hook directly to the new carb? Also with the brake booster- the line seems to go into the manifold. What do I do with that line? Or do I need to connect a different one for the brakes. Without any pictures or diagrams I'm just kinda flying blind with just the general knowledge of the vacuum systems.