Thread: coilovers

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX hatchback

coilovers

if i were to get coilovers can anyone recomend me a GOOD coilover system that looks snazzy BUT will make performance of the car remain the same if not better? whats dropzone coilovers or spring like?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Re: coilovers

Originally posted by pip
    if i were to get coilovers can anyone recomend me a GOOD coilover system that looks snazzy BUT will make performance of the car remain the same if not better? whats dropzone coilovers or spring like?
    Those dropzones are extreamly stiff, 200% stiffer than stock. Unfortunately that means you'll need struts that can deal with that, which would mean revalved Koni's or revalved Bilsteins. Or you could get Ground-Controls and standard Koni's. No one makes a coilover system with mild spring stiffness, their all 60% stiffer than stock at the least. BTW, Ground controls have a awesome reputation.

I know I asked this in another thread of yours, but how much drop you you need to make you happy?
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX hatchback
    yeah ground controls look pretty decent 500$ i can get em put on plus the shocks that i buy but i dunno i want between 2 and 2.25" no more no less i think but it seems to me that the H&R and Neuspeed spring are really good but they only come in 1.5
    AGGHH... lol
    its not how fast you go, its how fast you get going.