Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Progress thread

LX User

Re: Progress thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    You can only do this if you stick a roots blower on top with a giant scoop. That would be epic!!!

In all seriousness though, I'm thinking in much the same direction. The domestic aftermarket has so much awesome stuff that interchanges and works with everything else so well. And in the import scene stuff is so hard to find, doesn't tend to play well with other stuff and is a giant headache to set up. That leaves aside the increasing scarcity of replacement parts for the 3g. If I can retrofit the domestic aftermarket stuff onto my 3g, then all those problems disappear.
    Well some import stuff can fit onto other imports. But the reason you can’t really use any domestic aftermarket on our imports is cause of metric/inch. And most of our stuff is 4 cyl, and their’s are v8’s. Solution? Designing adapter plates.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX Sedan / 2000 Accord EX v6

Old girl kept door to door with a 7th gen coupe on the way home from work. I know it's bad but he challenged me lol
    Ran over a grocery bag the other day and it stuck to my exhaust pipe, now it smells like burnt plastic >.<
    Originally posted by ShiRen:
    Nice car or not, nobody likes losing a race to an old 4 door Honda.

Vehicle

Speedometer fixed! I know how fast I'm going again lol

Vehicle

Had a funky ass noise pop up last night that sounded like a rod knocking. freaked me out but turned out to be the EGR pipe had come loose and was rattling around. Almost had a heart attack thinking it was getting ready to blow up lol
    Couldn't find a plug to fit the pipe mounting bung so had taken the old pipe and cut it, crimped and welded it shut. It started to back out and was making noise hitting the motor mount bracket.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by InAccordance View Post
    Had a funky ass noise pop up last night that sounded like a rod knocking. freaked me out but turned out to be the EGR pipe had come loose and was rattling around. Almost had a heart attack thinking it was getting ready to blow up lol
    Couldn't find a plug to fit the pipe mounting bung so had taken the old pipe and cut it, crimped and welded it shut. It started to back out and was making noise hitting the motor mount bracket.

I plugged the manifold with a bolt but I cant remember the thread. Never had a problem running wise after.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle

Yea, I was wanting to do that or a screw in plug but couldn't find anything around here. Even went to a nut and bolt store with the header and they didn't have anything to fit. So did the old quick and dirty. Welds are holding up but apparently it wants to unscrew on me. May tighten it back up and throw a tack weld or two on it.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by InAccordance View Post
    Yea, I was wanting to do that or a screw in plug but couldn't find anything around here. Even went to a nut and bolt store with the header and they didn't have anything to fit. So did the old quick and dirty. Welds are holding up but apparently it wants to unscrew on me. May tighten it back up and throw a tack weld or two on it.
    OldBlue is right! The EGR on the manifold can be plugged using a trans fill plug. They thread right in. But hey, if it works, don't fix it!
    Bagged, Type R swapped, eternal project 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe, 1985 Honda Spree

Build thread! https://www.3geez.com/forum/project-...upe-build.html
    [SIGPIC]

Vehicle

Ignition switch finally went. Had been acting up for a while now but got to the point it wouldn't connect unless you held it at a small spot. Took it apart and filed the contacts clean, put 'er back together and works like a charm.

Vehicle
    1986 LXi Sedan - 1972 F250 C/S - 1987 DX Hatch - 1977 Skylark S/R (Sold) - 2001 Hyundai Accent GS (Sold) - 1981 Suzuki GS450 (Sold)

Hey man, do you have an updated/current thread on this build?

I got a Rowland intake and a couple of DCOE 40's recently for my hatch that already has a 272 cam and Weber 38 setup.

I'd love to know more about your throttle linkage setup and catch can. Plus, didn't you end up getting an adjustable cam gear? That Megajolt thread is yours isn't it, I'll go read up over there. I'm more apprehensive about ignition mods but I guess I gotta leave my comfort zone sometimes.