Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carb Intake - Cold air or Short ram LX - DX

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    hey mindlos i didnt remove the brace but i did have to hammer it down some so it didnt touch the air box. can u take a pic of how yours looks with the brass gone? also what did u use to cut it off?

thanx, ohh and im using the spctre filter from autozone too, but i couldnt afford a 3'' intake so im using a pieace of exaust pipeing from autozone, its only 2 1/2 tho, i havent drivin it yet, i gotta go tommorow and get two more hose clamps then i will try it out.

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    I used a black&decker wizard with dremel disks. Not as fast as a dremel but still alright. I was lazy to measure so I cut as much as I could deal with. I hope the picture is clear.

Last edited by mindlos; 06-13-2004 at 08:22 PM.

Vehicle
    94 accord lx, 88 sold
    zex makes wet system but yeah i dont think it would work. i really want to try and spray on my 88lx. what does this adapter thing by nos look like and would it work with my accord? i know they make it for like v8's and what not. see i was thinking you could port the intake or the air box and spray it in there, dont think that would work though.

Vehicle
    88 Mugen Accord
    man i can't help but stare at that damn thing all day long! all hail mindlos!!!!!! i dethrone myself from the 2k emp][re in the name of our new leader........

:pimp:mindlos:pimp:

1 word for that creation......sweet.

carb intake > u foo's (score another for the carb boyz)
    "Accord"........we are one........

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    thats two...

weber and the intake

the adapter is for a 4 barrel carb... i know it will work... but i dunno if the effects will be as great as the EFI cars...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon
    yeah i got mine set up just like mindlos now, i had to point it down like his, it gets really cold air back there too!
    and damn this thing helps! at high rpms it just keep pulling! i cant test out my low end yet becasue my damn downpipe is hitting something when i launch hard

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    :smokin: Thank you! Say, who does valve cover painting? If I were to do it myself (skeptical on the results) what paint would I get?

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    get the best shit you can find... it doent have to get heat paint... ut it would work... i think im gonna do mine is ceramic paint... just to change it up a bit

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    88 Mugen Accord
    yeah i was gonna paint mine with heat enamel paint, since i'm on the flipped lide (for now) i assume it'll help with all that engine heat that gets in there.
    "Accord"........we are one........

Vehicle
    94 accord lx, 88 sold
    just get it powder coated. it will cost ya a fair amount of jack but you cant beat the look. my friend painted the one on his crx and the paint is chiping and cracking.

DX User
    I took that intake, top. the one off the civic. And i took a piece of pvc piping and cutout the black part and glued and sealed the pvc to the inake. put it on the carb and it worked great. I will post pictures soon.
    TYRONE

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord DX Coupe
    Hey A20A I'll buy one of those from you for like 20 - 40 bucks its worth it to those of us who dont have alot of time to mod our cars out like that.... BUT!! I had a question?? cant you take your top lid off your carb and make a fiberglass relica of it and forge a 3 inch toobonto it and hook one up that way? or am i just dumb LOL

THNX

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    mike! looks awsome man!!!!!!

mindlos...go look through the past posts on the topic...theres one i started about all this....and it has some diagrams a few of us put up about how to reduce the size of your airbox.....its ghetto fabulous.,.but it reduces the size without cutting of the air box...just slide some metal in there to limit the flow path. go search..

-Travis-

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    will do. cept I dont even remember the thread title. should be easier to find if you started it. Did you post any pictures?

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    are you talking about this thread https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13322 ?

What did you end up doing? If you got a little cash consider the 89-91 civic PGMFI box from the junkyard and you dont mind the hood touching or cutting the support brace above it.

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power

A20A1

I like your cold air intake and plan on making my own. My question is have you ever thought of putting vents in your hood (like on an old 2nd gen civic)? I think the location of the intake would be perfect for that. If you wanted to take it even further you could make a box around the filter with an open top and have it seal to the hood. So the only place you could draw air would be through the vents on the hood. Just wondering. Darkside
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Guess you don't know... but I've had a ram air scoop for over 3 years. I'm sure there are pics of it floating around the board.

Anyways the pics with the keihin intake were from my 86 DX... that car has since kicked the bucket so I parted out my prototype intake. and since Mindlos made the civic one I wouldn't see the need to make anymore adapter unless you are looking for a specific angle that the civic intake couldn't provide.
    - llia

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Hey mods, could you sticky this thread and retitle it to something more infromative like "The Annals constructing a carb intake from a civic box." And it doesnt have to be this formal. People are curious about this but the thread title is not eye catching, plus it disappeared from the front a while ago. Please Mike/Sean. I guess Mantis has some say as to what the title becomes as long as it is more more informative about whats inside.

Thanks
    -Mindlos

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project
    hey mindlos if you havent painted your valve cover yet I reccomend painting it with brake caliper paint,I used the VHT brand and it turned out great and has never flaked off.....its been painted for 2years now! make sure and wet sand your valve(I used 500 grit) cover well too to get rid of any oil and dirt too,hope this helps If your still worried about doing it I will do one for you let me know.
    Last edited by wprocomp; 03-25-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Vehicle
    97 Prelude Base
    Thanks for the tip man. I changed my mind on the blue after stripping and sanding the intake lid, which I still have to make look good. I'm digging the polished aluminum/silver look. If they have paint that looks like that then I'll see. I'd ask you you to do it but I dont have an extra valve cover. How much do you usually charge, or should I not have asked?

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project
    I can get a cover for around $10,paint around $5....new gasket(you will need it) $3.how does $20 sound?just pm me and let me know

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989/ Honda/ Accord DX Sedan
    I cant beleive you guys found a way to put on an intake for a carb. Thats the shizzznit!! I might have to try it 4realz!!! Where did the chrome cover come from?

DX User

????????????????????

I have a small question. Do these carb intakes give you the throaty intake sound?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-spd. & 1990 CRX DX (ZC Swap soon to come for CRX)
    Hey, I found one at the junkyard today! I'm going to start molding work now!
    Current Mods:
    Weber Carb Conversion
    2in. Straight Piped Exhaust
    Clarion DB336MP Head Unit
    Infinity Reference Series Speakers
    LX-i Console
    Factory Non SE-i Armrest

DX User
    if one of you guys are up for making me one and selling it to me E-mail me at [email protected]