Thread: Holley Sniper EFI 2 barrel!

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Last edited by Oldblueaccord; 01-09-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Re: Holley Sniper EFI 2 barrel!

A bit pricey I think.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

I just finished tuning a Fitech system on a mates 542 big block mopar , it is the meanstreet 800 hp system and fuel command center .
    After a few minor problems with the car itself and some minor tweaking , its a beast .
    Starts within 2 seconds of cranking , idles nice from dead cold , throttle response is awesome , unlike most carbed big blocks i've seen you can put it in drive and just use it straight away from cold instead of having to sit there for 5 minutes getting some heat into it just so it will idle .
    I was a bit sceptical at first , now i think they are a good thing .
    Sure they wont do everything that a stand alone system will do , but they work really well .
    A far better proposition than screwing around with carbs , a bit more expensive but it will work so much better

Vehicle
    88 LXi

yeah looking at carb prices its not a bad deal for all the pluses you get. There a sinch to install and tune.

bigblock Mopar what motor GEN3 or RB(440) based. I got a 440 in my International Scout. Two 6.4L Hemis and a few 318's to fool with.

I really would think about a Fitech on my Scout I run 50/50 E85 on a carb.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord View Post
    yeah looking at carb prices its not a bad deal for all the pluses you get. There a sinch to install and tune.

bigblock Mopar what motor GEN3 or RB(440) based. I got a 440 in my International Scout. Two 6.4L Hemis and a few 318's to fool with.

I really would think about a Fitech on my Scout I run 50/50 E85 on a carb.

This one i done is a 440 stroked to 542 .
    Has edelbrock performer heads , roughly 11:1 compression and has a street/strip cam .
    Was a real pig to start from cold and even once warm was a bit of a pig , now it runs sweet .
    the owner rang me and said its actually scary how quickly it gets into it now compared to the carb which was a 850 cfm demon .
    I just want to drive it and do some data logging to make sure the mixtures stay on the targets i set it to aim at .
    Found it ran best with the target afrs slightly rich at idle and cruise .
    I have it set at 14.1 at idle and low speed cruise , progressing to 13.5 through the mid range and 12.5 at wot.
    Could be a touch richer in the top end since it detonates a touch above 5500 , either that or pull a few degrees out of the timing .
    Once the owner has a few more miles on it , i'm going to turn off the closed loop so if the O2 fails it wont do anything stupid like go lean and shag a 30k engine .
    The seat of the pants dyno feels like it is some where in the mid 500 hp range atw ,this thing really boogies ! Can keep the tyres frying in 3rd gear in the tf727 .

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

It's really hard to argue with FI. With the new self-learning FI systems, you really have to want a carb to have one.

Any word on what it takes to bolt one of these to an A20?
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    It's really hard to argue with FI. With the new self-learning FI systems, you really have to want a carb to have one.

Any word on what it takes to bolt one of these to an A20?
    Its the standard Holley profile so I would guess an adapter to the Honda plate would do. There two or three on here that have done something similar. I don't think its something you could just buy off the shelf.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

price may seem high, but i think that is where most lower end systems price point is. IIRC ive seen stuff ranging from $800 to well over 3K for a system.

I will admit even tho i do like the carb on my oldsmobile, I will be switching that over to the efi system when I am done rebuilding my 350 SBO

Now if i did own a carb'd accord, this would be of interest. wonder how well these systems can cope with boost.

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by gp02a0083 View Post
    price may seem high, but i think that is where most lower end systems price point is. IIRC ive seen stuff ranging from $800 to well over 3K for a system.

I will admit even tho i do like the carb on my oldsmobile, I will be switching that over to the efi system when I am done rebuilding my 350 SBO

Now if i did own a carb'd accord, this would be of interest. wonder how well these systems can cope with boost.
    My good Ford buddy runs Fitech on a 302 with 10 lbs boost on a cheap turbo setup. He had it dyno tuned and it runs great. The idle comp seems to be the only thing that needs manually adjusting.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

They do seem to be a pretty good thing .
    Once the idle is set to the correct iacv count , they start beautifully hot or cold .
    The only misleading bit about them is how they are meant to be pretty much plug and play .
    There is still a bit of setting up to do in the system, nothing major , but you still need to have a bit of knowledge about afr, accel enrichment rates etc .
    If i were building a v8 toy , i'd go with a fitech set up

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntd ca3 View Post
    They do seem to be a pretty good thing .
    Once the idle is set to the correct iacv count , they start beautifully hot or cold .
    The only misleading bit about them is how they are meant to be pretty much plug and play .
    There is still a bit of setting up to do in the system, nothing major , but you still need to have a bit of knowledge about afr, accel enrichment rates etc .
    If i were building a v8 toy , i'd go with a fitech set up
    As with any new system there will be a learning curve, all depends how steep.
    I have heard about many of these systems being very plug and play, most likely on the very popular stuff. However I've also seen mentioning it would take a typical shade-tree mechanic about a good weekend to complete the conversion. I think these FI retrofits are a better implementation of the electronic carb control and TBI injection days.
    Good to hear they can accept boost. I was toying with the idea with boosting the SBO 350, lately i wanted to make a 383 but finding a good olds 330 crank is hard to find these days.

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

For me it was cheaper to buy a fuel injected car. The carb to efi tech is a really cool I see but people will have to spend money. Cheaper to buy a Webber

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Man this thing looks like a screaming deal. You guys are lucky you have a car that came factory with carb and EFI in sufficient quantities, which is why this looks expensive. For any other car, this is a deal as you don't have to fabricate anything. I might even consider trying this out on my 1st gen. This is far less work than converting a DX over to an LX-i anyways.

$900 and you get all this shit:

Bolt on 2300 Flange Carburetor Replacement
    Accepts many common 5 1/8” OEM or aftermarket air cleaner assemblies
    Throttle body mounted ECU – no extra boxes to mount
    Integrated ignition timing control
    Only 4 Wiring Connections Required! (Battery +, Battery - , Switched Ignition & RPM)
    Internal fuel pressure regulator eliminates the hassle of plumbing an external fuel pressure regulator (Preset to 58.5 PSI)
    High Resolution Full Color Touchscreen for Initial Setup, Tuning, and Gauge Displays
    Simple Calibration Wizard (answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - NO laptop required!
    Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!
    The included Genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband Oxygen Sensor provides realtime Fuel Map Learn!
    OEM Style TPS/IAC and Fuel Pressure regulator, for years of dependable service.
    Included clamp-on oxygen sensor kit for 2.25" exhaust ensures a leak free oxygen sensor installation, with Stainless Steel T-Bolt clamps and a Stainless Steel (Weldable) oxygen sensor flange
    Sniper EFI Software free to download which allows for realtime tuning
    Printable throttle body flange template included