Thread: Back in the game

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Coupe

Back in the game

Used to have an account here about 5 years ago, tried to find it but no go so made a new one. This will be my 3rd Accord, but first one that will see the road! First one got stolen before I could register it, second one bought and ended up having terminal rust. Just picked up an 88 Accord LXi Coupe. Bought it for a race called the great beater challenge. Basically budget is set at $700 for car and all repairs, 1200km trip over 2 days. It's in August so lots of time to get ready. Picked this up for $350 so half the budget is remaining. Previous owner did some weird stuff to the car. Painted in bedliner, scoop cut in hood, radiator from something different held in by wire, exhaust cut off, one power window, one manual. Explains why it was so cheap, but all fixable with time. Engine runs good and trans shifts fine so it's a good start.

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Re: Back in the game

Welcome back! As long as engine and tranny are in good shape, you're good to go. One power window and one manual...funny but I guess creativity for whatever reason is why the car is still here.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Coupe

Re: Back in the game

Got some time to work on the car so removed the remainder of the busted a/c. Got the compressor, mount, dryer and a bunch of lines out. Condenser was already gone. Cleaned the interior so I'm not disgusted to sit in it anymore! Contemplating deleting power steering and cruise to clean up the bay even more but not sure yet. Got a temporary intake solution and a breather on the pcv. Think I'll need a tie rod on the driver side as the steering is a bit loose and the wheel wiggles side to side when I jacked it up. Also found some strut tower rust in the front but it's pretty isolated so should be able to patch it up eventually. Now I just wish one would turn up in the junkyard to scavenge parts!