Thread: 1980 Accord Hatch Struts

DX User

1980 Accord Hatch Struts

I just purchased a 1980 Accord hatch from an older guy near the Alabama line and towed it home. The motor and interior need a little work but the car is all there for the most part. The suspension is HORRIBLE. If anybody knows where I can get new struts/assemblies for this car please let me know. Or any other assemblies that will bolt up. Thanks in advance!

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Re: 1980 Accord Hatch Struts

Welcome!! You can check on eBay and RockAuto.com for parts that you need. Keep in mind that with a car this old, it may be quite a challenge to loosen up the bolts so you will need to have a back up plan for it just in case anything breaks.

Post some pics of the car too! We'd love to see it.

DX User

RockAuto doesn’t have any and from what I can find nobody in the U.S does! Strangely enough, they are available on other markets. Currently waiting for a reply from Monroe Australia to see if they can find a dealer that will ship them to me.

Will post pics after work

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Good luck! Because with eBay, stuff constantly pops up when people dig through their storage or clean out their garage and find stuff they no longer need and list it on there. Usually with RockAuto, I'm able to find parts that I can't get ordered at Autozone or any of the other auto parts stores around here. And it's usually cheaper too and I find better brands that they don't carry.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Found some Konis! They are a LOT more work than just popping in some shocks though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Koni-Sh...LH_TitleDesc=0