Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bagged B18 '88 DX Coupe Build!

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Re: Bagged B18 '88 DX Coupe Build!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Are you going to H2O when you finish?
    I'd love to go back! 2016 was an awesome show, but I'm a little more hesitant as time goes on, seems like H20i has really become something else in the past years, more of an excuse to destroy a city rather than a gearheads car meet, I'll just have to see where this all goes in the years to come!
    Bagged, Type R swapped, eternal project 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe, 1985 Honda Spree

Build thread! https://www.3geez.com/forum/project-...upe-build.html
    [SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Time to do a little writing! I know it’s been some time, my schedule has been pretty packed with extraneous activities, that aren’t all Accord stuff, maybe to my discontent. Naaaaaaaaaaaah It’s been a blast, I found myself in California with a buddy last weekend, enjoying all that is the Honda Mecca of America, as well as going to Vegas for a photo shoot of his car.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3103.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	10370
    And, spent another weekend a bit back shooting out Delmont, one out camping, one up North in a house on a lake, then another night helping my buddy go pick up his own white on white 98 Neon coupe, another evening picking up 7 OEM 1995 Viper wheels, other nights reworking my apartment. In short, it’s busy, and looking at my next few weekends, my car is going to continue being a dust magnet.

Name:	IMG_2943.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	10369
    But, I mean, I’ve been doing what I can! California junkyarding is something I can only describe as nirvana, despite being a trip that happened on a cloudless 99 degree day on fresh black tar. Got a great haul for some decent prices, and was impressed at how everything came back to Michigan intact, despite being transported on a checked bag in a Spirit Airlines flight! Couldn’t help myself with those hubcaps, I have my full set of four, but I know one or two is a little thrashed, so I justified my insanity! …Even if I won’t have an Accord that can fit 13” wheels before too long.

Name:	IMG_5368.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	10368
    And speaking of wheels- while there’s absolutely no faltering in my love for Manaray’s- I may have a source (only 4 hours away) on a set of wheels I’ve been keeping an eye out for for an easy three years, a set of Mitsubishi Starquest Cowbells. I know, they’re weird, but something about them absolutely sings to me, and the sheer clunkiness of the design just screams 80s tech, which I think fits a handful of accessories this car seems to have mounting into it. These are a near duplicate of the Manarays in terms of specs, 15x6.5 +18s, and what I’m hoping to do is run a slightly more aggressive tire on it, the current 195/45/r15s are just a hair too small for the wheel wheels in my opinion, and something with a little more of a track look has been something I’ve been really wanting to find. The catch is, these wheels are stupid rare (far as I know) and the set I’m finding is fortunately affordable, although decently thrashed. They’re still round, but the curbrash is something concerning. And, they’re 4x114.3, which means a fill, redrill and repowdercoat. Which means big $, so these are going to be purchased now and then put on the shelf for a good long while.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	10367
    And speaking of things that are going to cost some cash, I’ve been getting somewhere on an other project, making a functional cold air intake. I’ve been pretty held up on the fact that the current CAI location is not great for the first two thirds of namesake, and that the best way to make this car not eat it’s own heat is to build some sort of a scoop, and after a decent amount of deliberation and doodles, here’s where I’m at. A cowl induction hood that’s as low key as I can think of, and still a proper addition to the aesthetic of the car. Forward facing boxes poking out of the hood all seem so tacked on, and anything dramatic just screams rice, so here’s the most subtle answer I can find, and one I think speaks well to the car. This project is out of my scope of fab, so it may be exported, but for now, here’s the plan. Thoughts??

Name:	Capture3.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	10365

Name:	Capture1.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	10366
    Also, I’m pulling 2 5th gear sets from my spare A20 transmissions, who wants one?

Name:	IMG_5370.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	10364
    Bagged, Type R swapped, eternal project 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe, 1985 Honda Spree

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Alright... I'll bite, why are you pulling 5th gear sets? Also I might actually take you up on that, my 5th syncro goes cronch.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    Alright... I'll bite, why are you pulling 5th gear sets? Also I might actually take you up on that, my 5th syncro goes cronch.
    I don't have a use for them, the spare coupe I have is getting gutted, and the engine that came out of my main car is also just a paperweight, so I figure they'd be more use to someone else! Think 70+ S&H is fair?

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Okay, I really should be doing the more pressing stuff of getting everything ready for turn key, but I've got the spare Accord in the bay right now and I couldn't help it.

Name:	IMG_5386.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	10373

Name:	IMG_5384.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	10374

Name:	IMG_5382.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	10375

It doesn't look too bad IMO, might swap this hood onto the main Accord for a bit just to get an idea of the home it actually has before doing anything else.

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Alright, we’re back on track with more updates, and some of these are actually directly relevant to getting the car together!

Let’s start off with the small, important stuff, then spin off into ADD wasteland! First things first, I finally sorted out the AN radiator fittings! They’re a bit of a hack, but they’re darn tight, and hopefully wont leak. I’ve decided that these are ultimately a stop gap, and getting some built XRP lines are going to be the way to go. Regardless, they look great for now! Fingers crossed on functionality.

Name:	IMG_5411.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	10377
    Then, for minor work, I got the gas tank emptied, and rebuilt the armrest from Cali to be really nice and new in appearance! Calling that done! Then, I finally actually got around to test fitting the battery in place, and while it is indeed very snug, it seems to fit really nicely! I bored and bolted in the hole for the rivnut for my 4 inch ground strap, so check! Still gotta run the positive to position, but it’s just another small thing to take care of.

Name:	IMG_5474.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	10378
    Then, I’m super excited to announce that the OEM steering wheel adapter is (professionally) welded up and, powdercoated (un-professionally, by me), and it looks GREAT. Feels fantastic as well. Totally blends, and is totally rigid. Just geeked, the nerdiest things are the best.

Name:	IMG_5478.jpg 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	10379

Name:	IMG_5480.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	10380
    Alright, now on to my distractions! I drove four hours out to Ohio last weekend and did indeed score those cowbells mentioned in the post above! I’m excited to announce they’re in better condition than I expected, and the drive went great.

Name:	IMG_5447.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	10381
    And if you weren’t sold on them yet, check this out. They’ve got this touch look, and I think they’ll fit really well with all the oddities this car will have, the carrozzerias, hood scoop and fogs all have this four sided approach that all sing to me. I also went to the junkyard to pull a random H branded centercap so I could make an adapter to fit an OEM centercap into these wheels, since I’m missing three, and it turns out 98-07 Accords were taking notes from Mitsubishi, because they plug right in, and the centerbore is perfect. These are going to be on the shelf for some time, but I found a place in California that redrills and fills wheels for 180 a set, which is awesome! Makes this project a lot more budget friendly.

Name:	IMG_5453.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	10382
    I suppose this isn’t literally directly an update, but there’s a new car in the family that’s certainly going to be popping up in photos, a car my Dad has dreamed of owning ever since he was a kid crossing the country in one, a 1971 Olds Custom Cruiser. It’s all types of sweet, and I’ll happily be spending time away from the Accord making it cool. Just a heads up.

Name:	IMG_5414.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	10383
    That also brings the fleet of Oldsmobiles in these stalls to a staggering 3, which meant we had to bring them out for a photoshoot, as we’ll be listing the Delmont for sale to make room for the newest barge.

Name:	IMG_5425.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	624.4 KB 
ID:	10384
    Good stuff! Lists are getting shorter, so I’m happy!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Do you have any plans for the brakes? I see that stock prop valve peeping out, it makes me anxious. I block mine out of my mind, but it feels like I am stopping the whole car with the rear drums more every month. I was also wondering if you were looking into new headlights, I switched to led a long time ago because the circuitry is not strong enough for those halogens, but all of the good 5x7 projectors stopped getting manufactured about 5 years ago. I think you can still find them, but I am seeing prices like $450 and that just hurts.

I really like the battery location, I might have to copy that, but I want to go li-ion when I do. Good to keep the weight over the front right and the battery cables a reasonable length rather than move it to the back of the car and have to deal with venting it. That location is completely empty anyway, its perfect.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Do you have any plans for the brakes? I see that stock prop valve peeping out, it makes me anxious. I block mine out of my mind, but it feels like I am stopping the whole car with the rear drums more every month. I was also wondering if you were looking into new headlights, I switched to led a long time ago because the circuitry is not strong enough for those halogens, but all of the good 5x7 projectors stopped getting manufactured about 5 years ago. I think you can still find them, but I am seeing prices like $450 and that just hurts.

I really like the battery location, I might have to copy that, but I want to go li-ion when I do. Good to keep the weight over the front right and the battery cables a reasonable length rather than move it to the back of the car and have to deal with venting it. That location is completely empty anyway, its perfect.
    Please do! I stole the location from Anthony Calabek, so I can only take so much credit. I've got a big ole' Optima since I'm worried about running a few extra accessories, but I've been really drawn to the lightweight Odyssey batteries that are often found in track cars, really easy to package and tuck out of the way. I bought a universal tray so if you're fitting an OEM size battery, let me know and I'll point you to it. Was on ebay for like 20 or 30 bucks.

That is a stock prop valve, but from an SE-i! I've got a complete rear disc conversion, Wilwood four piston front calipers and- while they're arguably not very too useful-slotted and drilled rotors in every corner. As for headlights, I think I'm going to leave them as just halogens. while there's clearly going to be non-stock components, I really want the overall exterior to be pretty period correct, and LEDs and the sort are always a giveaway. That said, I did have some LEDs in my spare car while it was still a driver, and I sure did appreciate the improved visibility, but style first on this one lmao.
    Name:  IMG_2387.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  19.5 KB

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I knew you grabbed SE-I rear brakes, but I missed the Wilwoods (there is a lot going on in this thread lol). I don't think the base vs SE-I prop valve makes much difference, they're still plagued with the same issues. I am almost positive mine is leaking internally, my pedal was not this soft last year when I refreshed the brakes. I am sure you have better things to do than replumb the brakes to a front/rear split and swap that prop valve for an SE-I one so hopefully it doesn't cause any issues.

I specifically look out for headlights that work for leds, but don't look all crazy and out of place. My current ones are total cheapos, the projector doesn't even house the bulb, and the socket leaks, but they have a glass lens, I think I will open them up and put a whole projector housing pod in them. If you are going to stay halogen I would do a quick rewire of the headlight switch and send the current through relays, currently all of it goes through the stalks, its extremely dumb. I have a diagram on my cars thread, but I also wired it for DRLs, https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-ac...ect-log-2.html If you don't want DRLs, I think you can just omit CR1 and the red wire for the parking lights though, so it would not require a diode to keep from bypassing the ignition with the parking lights, if that makes any sense.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

I knew you grabbed SE-I rear brakes, but I missed the Wilwoods (there is a lot going on in this thread lol). I don't think the base vs SE-I prop valve makes much difference, they're still plagued with the same issues. I am almost positive mine is leaking internally, my pedal was not this soft last year when I refreshed the brakes. I am sure you have better things to do than replumb the brakes to a front/rear split and swap that prop valve for an SE-I one so hopefully it doesn't cause any issues.

I specifically look out for headlights that work for leds, but don't look all crazy and out of place. My current ones are total cheapos, the projector doesn't even house the bulb, and the socket leaks, but they have a glass lens, I think I will open them up and put a whole projector housing pod in them. If you are going to stay halogen I would do a quick rewire of the headlight switch and send the current through relays, currently all of it goes through the stalks, its extremely dumb. I have a diagram on my cars thread, but I also wired it for DRLs, https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-ac...ect-log-2.html If you don't want DRLs, I think you can just omit CR1 and the red wire for the parking lights though, so it would not require a diode to keep from bypassing the ignition with the parking lights, if that makes any sense.
    Oh snap! That's a really good point, I can see what you're saying about the wiring there. It's been an upgrade on and off my mind, and to be honest, I think the ones you have right now are a pretty nice blend of understated and functional. I'll add it into the truly chaotic realm of things I think about for this car!

Ahhhh, that's a fair concern! There's a ton of unknowns in this build (like a TON) and a proper shakedown test will definitely be in order. I'm content with the current one as is, but if a repair is necessary, I was thinking of going the Snooz route and getting one of those variable Wilwood setups, then tucking all the lines under the car and cleaning out the engine bay from it. And lmao, yeah sorry this thread is 100 fueled by my non-coherent train of thought, so no worries if there's a detail or two that slides by.

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback

Wow, I'm a little envious, especially of the armrest. I can't justify the cost of the one on eBay. I'm selling the front part with the tape holder in it though, if anyone happens to want one.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnai View Post
    Wow, I'm a little envious, especially of the armrest. I can't justify the cost of the one on eBay. I'm selling the front part with the tape holder in it though, if anyone happens to want one.
    Shoot me a PM

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Mine too! It just started and I HATE it!!

Quote Originally Posted by B0CKS View Post
    A cowl induction hood that’s as low key as I can think of, and still a proper addition to the aesthetic of the car. Thoughts??
    I like it!!!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I like it!!!
    Thanks a Snooz!! In that case I’ve got some good news at the end of this post! And I’m sorry that it sounds like 5th gears are failing left and right, I’ll be sure to make a point of picking them up whenever I stumble across them!

But let’s get to it! Let seeeeee… things that aren’t photographed that happened? Got my Air Ride all rewired to meet up and tuck nicely to the new fuse box location, and it sits pretty darn nice! Ordered a whole bunch of tiny things needed to get everything working, it felt like a tax, but hey, comes with territory.

Then, smallest baby update, I built out the Conquest wheels in Sketchup purely to aide in the distribution of dopamine in my brain bucket. Looks soooo good to me. I’m currently sorting out the dilemma of either 205/50r15 Proxes or Potenza’s. Still gonna be some time, but still love the vision.

Name:	Capture.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	10388
    As for the biggest change of this week, I made a 500 mile round trip across three states (this time headed West Bound, instead of East Bound towards Ohio) and drove to Chicago to pick what I suppose has become a rare part. I assumed they were more common, but I suppose not, and after looking for one for the better part of this year, I found a reasonably intact 1987 Prelude Si front bumper skin. (EDITORS NOTE: I was planning on using a First Gen (pre-facelift) Integra front bumper with the wings of the bumper trimmed back to fit better. I did like the look, but I think this bumper is closer to my personal aesthetic, and it also is more of a bolt-on part, which saves me a small headache of getting those wings to be straight.) It’s not in the best shape, but with paint coming for it, it should end up pretty nice. I want to give a quick shoutout to the gone-but-not-forgotten HondaMonster, who pioneered this swap, and give credit where it’s due.

Name:	IMG_5547.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	10389
    I put it on the car soon as I was able to extract the support and foam, and I was able to hang it up and see for myself what I thought.

Name:	IMG_5552.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	10390
    And I’ll be honest, at first, just loosely hanging on the car it looked pretty big and chunky, and not being used to this car having front overhang definitely threw me for a bit of a loop. BUT after pushing the car outside and being able to step away and absorb the actual proportion, it totally sings. Looks SO good in my eyes, it just pulls the whole car down so close to the ground, and makes it feel properly planted. Couldn’t be happier- this photo is now the background of like every device I own lmao

Name:	9D1D272F-CAEA-4DBB-BA84-9019175A9D31.jpg 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	10391
    Here’s the content promised for Snooz, some underhood scoop action! In short, I need some way to control the airflow coming through the scoop to make sure it flows into the intake, so that the filter isn’t just sucking hot engine air, but actually fresh air from out of the hood. So, where do we start? Easy! In CAD. (Cardboard Aided Design!)

Name:	IMG_5575.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	279.4 KB 
ID:	10392
    And then, after cutting a big misplaced hole in one of my spare hoods I learned a lot about location, and what supports I do and don’t need to protect for.

Name:	IMG_5577.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	10393
    After that, I went into CAD (Computer Aided Design) and built out the part in Sketchup, flattened it, printed out and rebuilt it in CAD (Cardstock Aided Design) using some leftover paper from an abandoned paper model from a decade ago, so I apologize for the camo.

Name:	IMG_5584.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	10394
    I then dropped it back in the engine bay, and I gotta say, it’s really growing on me, it’s a very functional part, and while I was really dreading adding a huge box to an engine bay I spent all summer gutting, but I think that it speaks for itself in necessity, so I’m rather okay with it. I made a few more tweaks and will probably be reprinting a box, but this is 90% of what it’ll look like, but silver!

Name:	IMG_5588.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	282.5 KB 
ID:	10395
    So, last comments? I’ve got a hard deadline to do all my prep work for turn-key; my mechanic and I set up an evening date Saturday November 7th to wrap up a few things I’m hesitant on, and then after one big sanity check, we’ll turn the crank and see what it does! Fingers crossed I have everything done before then!

Man, I have no clue what's causing these images to go sideways, but AAAA
    Last edited by B0CKS; 10-20-2020 at 08:47 AM.

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I've been racking my brain trying to think how I can deliver cool air to my bike carbs, but I can't bring myself to cut into the hood, even on my beater. This man here actually has a functional hole in his hood.

Btw, might the reason your pics are sideways be they're 4:3 portrait and the forum defaults to landscape? I don't really see a way around it if the forum forces landscape... Or just start shooting square

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

I've been racking my brain trying to think how I can deliver cool air to my bike carbs, but I can't bring myself to cut into the hood, even on my beater. This man here actually has a functional hole in his hood.

Btw, might the reason your pics are sideways be they're 4:3 portrait and the forum defaults to landscape? I don't really see a way around it if the forum forces landscape... Or just start shooting square
    Holy cow, you're totally right. 3geez doesn't like portrait mode, which makes perfect sense. You MAD GENIUS :O I'll try and resist the ultimate iphone owner's urge from here on out.

Hahaha, it helps when you have a few expendable ones! The hood I'm drilling into was destined for scrap as is, so I'm honestly glad I get to have the excuse of giving it a second shot here as a learner burner. That said, the junkyard will only set you back 50 for a hood if you find one, and those carbs gotta breaaaaaaathe!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Since I know how everyone is patientlywaiting, here’s some updates! Spent yet another weekend away from the barn, but I’ve tried to be productive anyways, which means a lot of clicking! I was able to get a few very minor things done, did a little bit more wiring work here and there, I’ve been burning cash to wrap up all the small things before turn key, so wish me luck!

I took a night and got a few front end puzzles sorted- one of which being the bumper foam support. I thought I’d use the Accord foam, and it turns out to be a little wide, which then led me to edit it with a Sawzall at 1am. Then, after actually sitting down and doing a think, I realized it’d make sense to try and get the Prelude foam to fit the Accord bumper support, and to my amazement, there’s two stubs that are used to locate the Prelude foam in an OEM application, and hack those off, and the foam fits the Accord support perfect! The bumper wraps around it very nicely too, maybe usurpingly, but good on you Honda! Here it is taped up in place, looking good! Glad to have it there. The other thing that I swapped in were the Prelude turn signal harnesses- they have a disconnect after a quick cord, which should aide in making this setup plug and play.

Name:	IMG_5612.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	10412
    So, I hate to admit this, but I’ve given up on my set of original Fog lights, they’re very far gone, and sourcing parts has led to spent cash with no results, but I didn’t want to give up on the concept. So I figured I should play my ace- some of you may know Joe Tysdal from around the Facebook pages and maybe the forum, he had a lead on a set of Accord ones with amber glass, and I’ve kept it in my back pocket for a long time, assuming 500 dollars wasn’t going to be in the budget for a long time. But, after reaching out, I was stunned to find the price was barely over half that, and so I’m anxiously waiting for the seller to box them up so I can take them off his hands. The reason he IS willing to let these go, is that this is he has, no button, no harness. But if you recall, I have a harness! (And just bought an OEM Accord fog switch), so this setup will be plug and play. Freaking EXCITED.

Name:	121968487_672133083733094_1969070269263063345_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	634.5 KB 
ID:	10413
    Side note right here, but here’s a great topic change- so how am I going to hang these fog lights? There’s no bracket that fits an Accord bumper support that matches Prelude location, so what next? CAD!! Chopped up my cardboard the same night as the foam trim (and these brackets fit the foam without flaw!) The next step is taking all those, and bringing them into illustrator.

Name:	IMG_5613.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	10414
    In that case, lets just get that done! Here’s a sneak peak of some behind the scenes of getting all this together, this freaking confusing array is a lot of how my workspace looks while getting brackets done. Lets start with the foglight brackets, if you look on the far right, you can see the cardboard scan, then to the left of it- the finished vector work for them, that small artboard represents all the things I’ll be cutting out of 2.6mm thick steel, the other items on it being the cold air intake box bracket, which reaches across the back of the airbox, to under the AN fuel feed line, to the back of the intake manifold. I’ll have to make a post about it once it’s on the car, I think it’s really cool! There’s also a heater core line valve bracket, but that’s whatever. The large white box holds some stuff, version 2.0 of the airbox (still gotta print that out and make it), in the bottom left, and then, across the top, the adapter blade that will take the holes from the Prelude bumper surround, and then take a second set of holes that match up to the Accord location. I’m going to write this out, so it won’t make any sense, but the cool thing about this closeout blade is how I’m attaching it the Accord support. There will be a row of “solid” hardware that simply clamps on top and bottom the Prelude bumper flange, then to attach it to the car, rather than using bolts, I’ll be using bumper quick connect hardware (image 2!!) in a couple points. So, to take off just the bumper plastic to access things like the battery, all I have to do is pop off two buttons at the top, and the sliders at the back of the bumper will allow me to pull of the cover. That easy! Lastly, to address those big circles that I’m guessing you probably noticed if you read all this, I am indeed considering making some turbofans. I can’t help it. It’s too fun. These would fit the cowbells. The attaching style (seen in that crumby sketch on the right) is really basic, I’m thinking I’ll make a bracket that reaches into the hole of the end of each cowbell that acts like a clamp (with a rubber gasket so they don’t get scuffed), and then bolt the disc to those four brackets at the end of each spoke. And, just for fun, print out the biggest dimple die and press the centers to have that flange.

Name:	Capture.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	428.5 KB 
ID:	10415

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	10416
    Here’s some more 2am thought garbage. I know I’m already doing the “DOHC” in the fender trim, so this concept would be omitting that idea for something else. But in short, I was playing in photoshop and illustrator, and was also thinking about my old EF hatch with that rad door text, and was curious if I could spin it for this car. The short answer is yes, technically I could make a- in my personal opinion- kinda cool vinyl to slap on the side, but as rad as I think it would look between the carrozerias, cowbells, fogs, and other details, it’s a little too loud for me, and I’m still trying to stick to subtlety. But hey, who knows, maybe a few years after the car is done, it might be fun to slap it on for a while.

Name:	IMG_3222 copy.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	10417
    Okay, understandably, this is another ADD fueled post, I’m waiting on a lot of parts to ship, and with being away from the car for a large chunk of time means all I can do to “progress it” is to orbital work on it, which means ironing out ideas that either do or don’t have legs. I expect a fair amount of things I create I’ll ultimately walk away from, but I love designing this stuff, and I’d rather try and it and dislike the look, rather than shove it out of mind without question. I don’t expect a ton of big changes coming this week, but I’ll try and get things done!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

From the looks of it you'll design a whole lot of things, its amusing to see what pops in your head whether it gets put on the car or not. Like the fog light brackets, I don't think any of the rest of us would even think to use CAD lol.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

From the looks of it you'll design a whole lot of things, its amusing to see what pops in your head whether it gets put on the car or not. Like the fog light brackets, I don't think any of the rest of us would even think to use CAD lol.
    Hahahahaa, that's a really good point! It's funny, I didn't even consider making them by hand lmao, I mean I know my fab skills won't get anywhere if I never use them, but I'd rather cut to the chase and use high quality parts if I'm able. But yeah, lots and lots of files going nowhere fast on my my computer. Speaking of, I know I designed a set of turbofans for my Civic's TE37's that were going to be all clear, and cut from plexi, maybe got a little carried away on that one, just like so many of these projects!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Its been another week in 2020, Halloween was a blast and my deadline for turn key is all of this weekend away! So I’ve been in a bit of rush trying to get all my final components sorted, I’m now in the weeds of trying to make things work, over just trying to make them fit.

First thing on the list is and was a fuel system refresh. I got a new fuel pump and swapped it in, I have no idea if the previous one was good, but I’d rather take the new unit as this car is- well, new at this point- and that means as few exceptions as possible. I’ve still got to take of the tank-mounted fuel filter at some point this week, but that chore will be done once I slide the car over to the lift bay.

Name:	IMG_5638.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	10428
    Replacing the pump wasn’t all that hard all things considered, half of the time spent was on emptying out the trunk of 2 full center consoles, 3 sets of Carrozzeria’s, plenty of 3D printed spoiler chunks, more stereo equipment and pop up fogs. I did actually enjoy it. And, seeing the trunk empty and clean was a pleasantry I rarely treat myself to, good to know it still looks decent.

Name:	IMG_5647.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	10429
    Another troubleshooting issue I found myself sorting is the hood latch. I’m not sure if I’ll be running a hood for these first few drives, but it’s good to learn what does and doesn’t work. I was having no luck with the cable, it kept on wanting to be too long, and after some head scratching, I found that the bracket was allll bent out of whack, (left one in the image) and so yet again, the eye sore of my parts car did me wonders with providing an intact, and better part.

Name:	IMG_5664.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	10430
    I found myself spending another night figuring out my lighting circuits in the car- and there’s still some time go. This sounds silly, but here’s what was holding me up 1) I didn’t plug in the steering shaft harness’, which was an easy enough fix 2) I assumed it was a toasted relay at first, but it turns out I was missing a large set of grounds that needed to be bolted in. 3) turns aren’t working, 4 ways are. So that’s still an open ended problem, and the running lights are currently kinda intermittent. And, I still need to swap out my reverse button harness on the transmission to be the right one for the Rywire harness to get that circuit working. But! I’ve got my most important headlights up and running, so I’ll just look like a jerk if I take this thing anywhere and can’t get my turns working in time.

Name:	IMG_5671.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	10431
    And, more importantly, with my air ride rewired, I threw a battery in the car for the first time (if the previous image wasn’t enough proof lmao) and found that my large fuse box panel and ecu bracket were actually functional, and they worked so well, I didn’t even have to try and stop a sudden and outrageous electrical fire! So I’m quite proud. But anyways, the air ride WORKS. I found and killed a few leaks, and then jacked the car all the way up at maximum PSI, then left it for a night and found that it holds air well! Sweeet! So, for the first time in three years, that car looks like it can do jumping jacks- I’m thrilled! There’s still a few things I’m waiting to fine tune, I’ve got to recalibrate the car, which needs a functional engine to provide juice for so the car can automatically reach it’s programmed heights. I’ve also got to lower the coilover sleeves the next inch or inch and a half to make it properly low, and so I can start learning how I’m going to have to make room for my UCA’s! I’m also waiting on a “dump valve” so that the air exhaust isn’t as loud, but also dramatically slows down the descent of the way the car airs out. Should be a little bit more classy over just a PSSSSHHHT PSSHT. But anyways, here’s a little clip for your viewing pleasure!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7JOniZ44I
    As a sequel to last weeks update, here’s a whole bunch of plans made physical for the large SendCutSend lasercut order that’s coming! As you can tell, there’s lots of marks, some cuts and edits that all need to be made to each part, V2.0 of the airbox is about to become 3.0 and rebuilt, which should be pretty fun! In terms of fit and finish, everything looks properly promising, and most everything else it ready to go.

Name:	IMG_5700.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	468.6 KB 
ID:	10432
    And this is minor news at best, but my AEM hydrophobic net arrived for the CAI, and it looks great IMO. Can’t wait to hide it entirely with an airbox!

Name:	IMG_5663.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	10434
    But that’s most of this week! I’m very much hoping I will be posting pictures of this car outside of the driveway and barns for the this first time in four years this coming weekend! Wish me luck!!
    Last edited by B0CKS; 11-02-2020 at 07:36 AM.

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Turn signal issue sounds like the switch for sure. Take the stalk off and see if you can get the switch to work with a screwdriver. Iirc I shoved a tiny bit of paper in the slot that the stalk goes in to make it happy. If you haven't already, that whole unit probably needs a good cleaning and some new dielectric grease.

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Turn signal issue sounds like the switch for sure. Take the stalk off and see if you can get the switch to work with a screwdriver. Iirc I shoved a tiny bit of paper in the slot that the stalk goes in to make it happy. If you haven't already, that whole unit probably needs a good cleaning and some new dielectric grease.
    That's a really good point! The thing is, a lot of the stuff on this car I never got to test since I bought the car since I never drove it. I pulled my other stalk off the other call a bit back, definitely worth starting there!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback

I took B0CKS armrest :P

I'll probably try to get around to making a post about it, but basically I chopped up some cloth and foam from the cheapest headrest on ebay and reassembled it as best I could:

I know it's not the smoothest reupholstering, but I'm happy with the cost, and it's sturdy and fuzzy. Thank you!

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Jinnai! Dude that looks so good! Way to already have it back to looking great, looks like it made it in one piece, and I love that you used that fabric, gonna look great in place! Nice work!!

[SIGPIC]

Vehicle
    1988 DX Coupe

Dude you were 100% right. I owe you a drink! There's more to it, but I tore down my turn assembly, gave it a thorough clean and put it all back together, and it's all good, works like new! I'm slowly starting to learn that "broken" and "dirty" are close synonyms in the world of tech. Thanks again for the pointer, wouldn't have ever really considered it otherwise!

[SIGPIC]