Well, another afternoon well spent makes for another update! We put some time in three main areas last night, the first being the fuse box corner. The goal is to clean up the engine bay as much as possible, so I'll be lowering the battery to Calabek's location in the open bumper square, and lowering the fuse box into the area where the battery lived, opening up the strut tower nicely, and also covering up a whole bunch of cords that run through there at the same time, I like it! The next project was cleaning up the hacked up core support. Since I have a taller radiator that's half as long, I diced up part of the support to make it work, and last night had that piece of metal getting de-burred and cleaned up before paint, nice! Then lastly is the quest to make hood struts work, after a failed attempt at fabricating brackets and 3d printing fasteners to shove a strut where it didn't want to be, we took some advice from a Cadillac STS, and swung the struts forward! They clear a lot better than the previous idea, and the ones that are currently in there are representative of the longer struts I need to source, but the current forecast has them coming from a Hummer H3, so we'll see how that works! Of course, getting the lift force to work for a stock hood and a carbon fiber hood is gonna take some more cash, but I'd love to find an off the shelf part for both! And there's lots of plans to do stuff long term, and that's good news! Here's a solo image to show things freshly mocked up, check it out!
... I lied, here's one more as a bonus for reading all that text!
Until next time!