Thread: CR-Vtec questions

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.

CR-Vtec questions

I'm thinking about going all out on this upcoming engine swap, saving a little more cash and doing a CR-Vtec conversion. There are a few reasons I want to do this instead of the JDM Accord Si B20A swap, namely: (1) no or hard to do Vtec head for B20A, (2) rarity of B20A, (3) rarity/cost of parts for B20A, (4) most "B-series" things don't work with the old one including trannies, (5) "it'll be cheap" pipe dream... I think that's about it. I'm thinking of going with a B20Z (2000+ CR-V) block and B18c5 (Integra Type R) head. Or else I'll save mad cash and just get a complete B18c5 swap kit. What do you guys think would be the best way to go about this?
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.

oops..

I meant B20z block with B18c5 head or B18c (NOT c5) swap. I definitely do not think that almost 3 grand extra for 20 horsepower and fancy "Type R" insignias is what I could classify as "economical"...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~