Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uni-blade windshield wiper

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Hatchback LX-I, 2003 Acura 3.5RL
    I want to know how do I convert from the two windshield wipers to just one?

It's come to my attention that people are just looking at this question and not answering it. This is some serious shit though. Based on the answer, I'm going to take the appropriate steps to get this done. I come to y'all cause y'all specialize in 3G Accords so don't let me down.
    Holla bacc wit an answer!
    "I'm the macc on the blocc/ girls be jaccin the cocc/ bobbin up and down like they was a jacc in the box/ on the real when I was young I used to jacc it alot/ but now I'm old, so I only use it to fucc/ war wit me, yo you gone be losing your lucc/ cuz you against me, is only gone be proving you succ/..."

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Dude sometimes it takes more than 16 minutes to get an answer. Believe me when someone that has a uni-wiper sees this thread i'm sure they'll explain it to you. I wanted to convert my wipers to a uni-wiper too but my g/f thinks it's gay looking. She doesn't like how my bros uni-wiper looks so she doesn't think it would look good on my car. I personally don't care wither way b/c with one it looks tight but without two you don't get much visible area.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Hatchback
    Mods:
    *2.25" custom Catback with
    Tsudo Carbon Fiber
    Titanium Tip Muffler
    *Racing Xtreme carbon fiber
    pedals
    *Civic Short Ram Intake

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    I had one for a while, but when it rains, it sucks!

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
    here u go:

http://www.accordracing.com/how-tos/singlewiper.htm
    Thanks homie!
    "I'm the macc on the blocc/ girls be jaccin the cocc/ bobbin up and down like they was a jacc in the box/ on the real when I was young I used to jacc it alot/ but now I'm old, so I only use it to fucc/ war wit me, yo you gone be losing your lucc/ cuz you against me, is only gone be proving you succ/..."

Vehicle
    How does it succ when it rains homie???

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Hatchback
    no problem java its all good
    Mods:
    *2.25" custom Catback with
    Tsudo Carbon Fiber
    Titanium Tip Muffler
    *Racing Xtreme carbon fiber
    pedals
    *Civic Short Ram Intake

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    like dat?

-Mark D.

Vehicle
    How many inches is that blade Mark?

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    it's the stock 19" blade. If I were you, I wouldn't go any bigger then that b/c then you'll lose some of the "wipe" on the drivers side. At the angle that I have mine, the blade will stop only about a 1/4 inch from the edge of the windshield and go damn near all the way to the bottom of the windshield.

Can I just say hell yeah! I can't believe that someone else is doing a uniwiper. This was "played out" about 3 yrs. ago, so I'm glad to see some of the newbies out there going back to the ol'school ways.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    I am thinking about doing this also but my girlfriend thinks it's really gay. I convinced her to let me get nitrious finally so I think I can convince her to let me do this too.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    2 wipers is always better than 1. I had one for about 3 years, but it got old and got played out.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    I am thinking about doing this also but my girlfriend thinks it's really gay. I convinced her to let me get nitrious finally so I think I can convince her to let me do this too.
    What kind of talk is this? Do you share the car with your girlfriend or something?
    "I CONVINCED her to LET me....."

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    I also had one wiper going on when I was in the middle of High School. I got tired of it so I went back to two, which I think looks more appropiate. When I had one, i went to 21" blade, when it rain a lot in FL, it wasnt bad at all, just the same for me at least. Passangers dont like it just it gets in their way of viewing, and g/f's dont like not being able to see!
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

::Hrmmmm:: did somebody said "Uni-wiper?"

I use a 24" Bosch wiper and I they DON'T suck when it rains. It covers most of the windshield. I must agree with AccordSiR. The passengers don't like it because they can't not see properly. But hey, they gotta suck it up because it MY CAR!

Mark: RIGHT ON BROTHER! we gotta keep representing :lol
    Last edited by Coroncho80; 02-21-2003 at 06:52 PM.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Now thats whats really up! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Originally posted by Coroncho80
    ::Hrmmmm:: did somebody said "Uni-wiper?"
    I use a 24" Bosch wiper and I they DON'T suck when it rains. It covers most of the windshield. I must agree with AccordSiR. The passengers don't like it because they can't not see properly. But hey, they gotta suck it up because it MY CAR!
    Is that a white "H" on your hood, your car looks even more like mine now that I have the newer front bumper. I just gotta put my white "H" back on again on the new hood.
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Originally posted by AccordSiR
    Is that a white "H" on your hood, your car looks even more like mine now that I have the newer front bumper. I just gotta put my white "H" back on again on the new hood.
    Danm you're right! your car looks kind of like mines............ Cool man. It's not a completely white H. It's got gray on the back ground but the H itself is kind of chrome. That way it could match with the crome bar in front of the hood.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    1986 accord hb IHAVE A HOME PAGE SEE MY PROFILE
    Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
    here u go:
    http://www.accordracing.com/how-tos/singlewiper.htm
    you need a link to remove the wiper arm? you unbolt it try removing the spring step drilling the lower arm and repaint it black then reinstall the spring it looks good and you still have two wipers. when you just take a wiper off it looks like you just have a broken wiper

Originally posted by Tim Yoak
    you need a link to remove the wiper arm? you unbolt it try removing the spring step drilling the lower arm and repaint it black then reinstall the spring it looks good and you still have two wipers. when you just take a wiper off it looks like you just have a broken wiper
    the idea of two wipers is so you can see where you are going when it's raining, you could go for a uni headlight too just don't replace it when it burns out :lol

Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    not if she can't see out her side of the car

Originally posted by Coroncho80
    No offence dude, but that was not funny
    ok ok it's just a joke thats all, it is dangerous when you do something to reduce your visability. if it wasn't dark i would take a picture of my wiper blades that i step drilled, still gives the race look with two blades. i think some states it's illegal to not have a functioning wiper also. not sure but i think the dot says two wipers

is the site messing up or something? all the quotes are out of place or something acting strange

the idea of two wipers is so you can see where you are going when it's raining, you could go for a uni headlight too just don't replace it when it burns out :lol
    No offence dude, but that was not funny
    Maurice

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    that was gay!
    REPRESENTIN THE UNI WIPER OLD SKOOL SHIT!!!

WHO likes the SHINE on that bitch????
    Travis

i just realized i have mah smoked bumper lights there!
    oh and everyones wiper looks diferent...
    Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

ok ok it's just a joke thats all

hahaha :lol ok dude. I will let it slide this time

Post some pics of your wipers, you got me curious now!
    Maurice

DX User
    Vehicle
    86/honda/accord dx
    Its really easy to have one wiper all you do is remove the driver side wiper then unbolt the passenger one and move it up some so when you turn it on it covers the entire window and when its off you get the uni-wiper look.
    towards the last few pics of my car youll see a few pics of mine with my uni-wiper
    www.cardomain.com/id/accordrcr86

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    wordddd.......im thinkin bout it

Vehicle
    1991 Subaru XT6 AWD, 1988 Subaru XT6 AWD
    FYI:
    There was recently an accident in Illinois involving a driver who had modified his car to use one wiper. It was raining at the time of the accident. The driver of the other vehicle was at fault according to the officer at the scene, but was able to get his decision overturned in court because the kid had "modified a safety function of his vehicle."

Bottom line: If you get in an accident that is not your fault, you could be held responsible for it anyway just because you want to "look cool." (or look like my XT6 that comes with a mono-wiper)