Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The prelude is painted

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    Originally posted by dohc
    pearldrop, nice paint job. your lude's looking tyte. any mods?
    Yeah, start kissing his ass now....
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    The paint "job" looks great... Im just not a fan of that color... Sorry Pearl... I guess I was never drawn to the bright colors... I think a dodge viper pearl blue would just be the shit on that car... but keep doing your thing man. Its looking good.
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    '95 del Sol VTEC
    yes the Burgundy would have been a good choice. it seems im the only one in the world that payed to get their car burgundy. but the UT burnt orange is pimp. there are people around here that would love to have that color on their car.
    -T.C.

Originally posted by HostileJava
    are you making fun of me because I think coroncho80 is hot?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude
    on my 5th generation accord i did a single stage 500 dollar black paint job. it has already faded subtantially since august.
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

Awaiting Activation
    hey pearl drop, you know nate?

Banned
    umm you in MT. Vernon Washington if you are ill be there in 5 mins to take a look at it .

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    HVerLX Ñ You live in Skagit County Too? What do you drive?

I absolutely love the color we painted the Prelude. It is one of those colors that you either love it or hate it. I would rather have that than a bland color that everybody will think is ok but nobody hates it.

We should be getting it back tonight. They wet sanded the paint yesterday and will be polishing it out today. I am getting kind of excited. Now I will just need to put it back together. It is almost completely stripped right now.
    I seriously think we may have a chance at best paint at a show this year. I have never been in contention for that and I have always really wanted it.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    pic picety pic pic pic....

Please please please post up pics asap on that 'lude. Oh yeah, just one question though on the engine compartment. Did that get painted too? Did you take out the engine? Details, details, details...
    -Mark D.

Banned
    i drive a 87 Honda Accord 4 DR sedan im going to cort for the title soon . and yes i live in skagit county .

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    I will get some pics of it as soon as it is all the way back together. We had planned on painting the engine compartment but the engine is way too big to do with the engine in it. A lot of cars have enough room to paint around it if you pull everything off the engine but not the Prelude. We painted the bottom of the hood, the fender lips and the radiator core support but the actual engine bay is still red. We won't be opening the hood at shows this year. Next winter I am pulling the engine and then the engine bay will be painted along with the engine block and transmission. There is a possibility that I will throw a low pressure turbo on it at the same time but I'm not sure about that yet.

Banned
    well if me and my grandparents can clean our gerage thats 80ftx73ft or somthing like that i got engin pullers and every thing...

Vehicle
    That sure would help. Right now I am doing all my work in a single car garage. It doesn't leave much room to work. Keep an eye out for me. It is hard to miss a bright red Accord Wagon or a burnt orange Prelude. Also, if you have any questions about your car, just ask, I know 3rd gens inside and out and I can help you with anything like lowering or installing stereos.

Banned
    i got the stereo part down i build custom boxes but do you know how to replace a throtle cable heheh mines broke the people befor me abused this car..

Banned
    Oh Yea thanks for the offer

Vehicle
    I was talking about something more than just speaker boxes...

I would love to be able to use the shop but I would want to do something in return. It wouldn't be until next year anyway.

Vehicle
    Oh yeah, the throttle cable is easy. Just unhook it from the back of the pedal and then take the clip off of the firewall and pull it through. I don't remember which side the clip is on but it is easy to do, it shouldn't take you more than ten minutes.

Banned
    maybe me and you can team and make some money i got alot of friends that need stereos installed and i know alot about electronics means my dad was a electrition in the navy and now does wiring on yaghts sooo if you want we can do some projects together..

Vehicle
    Making money is always good. If you have projects that people want done and you have space I am always willing to work with you on it.

Banned
    i even got the wood for every thing like dash mods every thing i have a friend comming over soon he needs the whole thing setup with extra batery that gets charged off the altinater he has 2 1600 watt amps and 4 10" subs and a couple other things.