Thread: Newbie

DX User
    Vehicle
    1984 Honda Accord

Hey guys,

It all started with my power steering pump failing on my '07 V6 Accord. The mechanic told me the price and I immediately went on youtube to watch videos and did it myself. Now, I have a small toolbox and am trading in a guitar of mine for a mint 1984 Accord with a blown motor.

Now, I know that jumping from power steering pump to full blown engine rebuild (with engine swap being the most likely route I'll take) is quite a leap, but I have been enjoying my time tinkering around with my car and want to learn the ins and out by doing rather than waiting until last minute due to being scared of losing my DD.

I will definitely be lurking in the forums raking in any information on the Accord since youtube videos on the car seem to only be commercials of the car when it first came out.

Thank you for hearing me out and I hope to be able to meet a whole lot of you guys!

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Re: Newbie

Welcome good luck with the project

LX User

Quote Originally Posted by cfdul View Post
    Hey guys,

It all started with my power steering pump failing on my '07 V6 Accord. The mechanic told me the price and I immediately went on youtube to watch videos and did it myself. Now, I have a small toolbox and am trading in a guitar of mine for a mint 1984 Accord with a blown motor.

Now, I know that jumping from power steering pump to full blown engine rebuild (with engine swap being the most likely route I'll take) is quite a leap, but I have been enjoying my time tinkering around with my car and want to learn the ins and out by doing rather than waiting until last minute due to being scared of losing my DD.

I will definitely be lurking in the forums raking in any information on the Accord since youtube videos on the car seem to only be commercials of the car when it first came out.

Thank you for hearing me out and I hope to be able to meet a whole lot of you guys!
    Nice! Lets get some pics going! I have an 84 Accord hatchback

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Welcome! Best of luck with your project. Let us know how we can help.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1984 Honda Accord

I will post some shortly. I'm trying to get the right angles on it, haha. Yours looks awesome! I am jealous of the climate you get to keep yours in over in Cali. I'm in the Northeast and have to prep for these seasons coming in.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1984 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Welcome! Best of luck with your project. Let us know how we can help.
    Thank you! I've been poking around the posts and see that you're a big help, I appreciate the welcome.

LX User

Quote Originally Posted by cfdul View Post
    I will post some shortly. I'm trying to get the right angles on it, haha. Yours looks awesome! I am jealous of the climate you get to keep yours in over in Cali. I'm in the Northeast and have to prep for these seasons coming in.
    Lol yea, gotta get them angles. Cali has the best weather lol, especially southern cali. Good luck with all that snow, man. Drive safe!