Thread: 81 Accord anyone know where to find lowering springs and new shocks or a compatible s

DX User

81 Accord anyone know where to find lowering springs and new shocks or a compatible s

Looking to lower my car cannot find any parts for this vehicle it's a bit frustrating. Also looking for engine swap info any direct bolt ons fi to stock 5 speed?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord LX hatchback

Re: 81 Accord anyone know where to find lowering springs and new shocks or a compatib

I am new to this forum, and just registered because I have a similar question. I have a 1981 honda accord hatchback for which the rear struts are going out, and the only replacement anything I can find is either the Koni "cut-A-strut" or a 1982 strut. My only question is how hard it would be to make the 1982 strut fit. Just looking at them they look similar, my biggest concern is if the diameter fitting into the knuckle would be the same or at least close.

DX User
    Vehicle
    79 Accord

Re: 81 Accord anyone know where to find lowering springs and new shocks or a compatib

Since there isn't a lot of activity for these cars on the forum anymore, you will have to scour through the searches on here and anything else you can find. The Konis are the only replacement struts I know of anymore. Also for lowering you could cut 1/2 a coil or more to get the height you would like, while not the best solution it may be the only one currently. If your looking for "Bolt it on and go" those items aren't easily found around anymore it seems. Though customizing one of these cars now is part of what makes them even more unique.
    Try Hondaswap and the accord groups on facebook for swap info. I've been looking at the "old school" B18 or B20 swap myself
    Good luck
    Last edited by Privateer; 03-26-2019 at 09:17 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1981 Honda Accord LX hatchback

awsome thanks for the help