Thread: I need help with my engine!

DX User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX, Stock. '99 Civic Ex, Crippled.

Question I need help with my engine!

Upon on removing my carb and reinstalling it, it seems that my Primary Slow Mixture Cut-Off Solenoid Valve's Wire had been either cut or ripped out of the connection its supposed to go to. I just reinstalled the solenoid and it's gasket but did nothing with the wire.
    When i fully reinstalled, i can see on the rear of my engine, an open vacuum line. But upon my inspection (check video) you can see it merges with another line, but at the end of it is wires. Is that open " Vacuum" line where the Solenoid Wire supposed to go?

also the first "wire" i pick up in the video, i don't know what its for, but i found a hole that it seems to go in.
    Please any help would be my savior.

Vehicle
    1986 LXi Sedan - 1972 F250 C/S - 1987 DX Hatch - 1977 Skylark S/R (Sold) - 2001 Hyundai Accent GS (Sold) - 1981 Suzuki GS450 (Sold)

Re: I need help with my engine!

The first wire you pick up is actually the speedometer cable. It needs to be installed in that hole and held in with a special clip. If you don’t have the clip, a tiny cotter pin will do the trick. I recommend finding the pin at a junkyard though.

As far as what’s going on behind the carb, I can’t see enough to tell. I’d just remove the air filter housing and thoroughly search back there and make sure every vacuum hose has a home.

DX User
    Vehicle

Thanks for the info, when I get back home I’ll take off the air housing and get you a better look!

DX User
    Vehicle

That hose in the back is actually a wire, is that where the Primary Slow Mixture Cut-Off Solenoid Valve wire goes?