Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about testing a dual port vac advance

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX

Re: Question about testing a dual port vac advance

Sorry I didn't reply until now been having a problem with the internet.

Oldblueaccord the test is from the manual that DrSnooze has a download for (89 accord service manual page 24-9). I have a tec dizzy with external igniter. To test it the igniter has to be removed from the housing to do this. My igniter has 4 prongs on the back of it. I have a 86 accord lx, 2bbl carb, auto. The test is simple enough. Check A and B post for continuity and then B and A post for continuity. Continuity should be only one way. Last part of test hook positive probe to D post and negative probe to igniter ground (the igniter itself). The igniter posts are at the bottom of the igniter in the pic on pg 24-9.

The ground wire from the pickup coil I thought might be the problem too. It looked like it wasn't making contact with the housing real well. They made a strap to hold the wires from the pickup coil and the hole for the screw was barely making contact with the housing because they made the strap to long so the end of the strap wasn't flush with the housing. Before I bought the new igniter. I changed the strap they had on the dizzy to the oem part I took off my cardone. But it made no difference. The problem was the igniter. Once I put the new one on all problems went away
    Last edited by lx 1986; 11-16-2019 at 08:09 PM.