Thread: Chances of getting pull over higher with 3G

Vehicle
    86 LXi

Chances of getting pull over higher with 3G

After reading this thread - https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-ac...dventures.html, I realize that every time I was pulled over (not many times actually), I was in my 3G.

Last time was few months ago while I came home from grocery shopping with my wife. There is a cop living in our neighborhood few streets away. I was driving leisurely as usual. When I was pulling into my driveway, I saw his flashers. He accused me of driving fast and ran "few" stop signs which was baseless. Maybe I was 2-3 mph above or the wheels were still rolling just a little at the stop sign. But there's definitely not "few" stop signs cause there was only one. I didn't argue anything but just let him did his routine. I didn't get a ticket.

There are many other people driving a lot faster in our neighborhood. My theory is since the car is older, they prejudge the driver. Seriously, the 3G is slower then my Lexus and I admit my average speed driving the same path on the Lexus is faster but never get into trouble with the Lexus.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX Sedan / 2000 Accord EX v6

Re: Chances of getting pull over higher with 3G

I've gotten more tickets in the different CRXs I've had.
    Only one I've gotten in this car is when I first put the DCOEs on; my then 4 year old was yelling faster and I goosed it a bit, sure enough there sat a cop lol. 46 in a 30... my badddddd. He was pretty chill about it though after I explained my kid made me do it
    Best part was my kid just stared the whole time and wouldn't say a word to him.
    I've had some sketchy ass cops trying to say I was going certain speeds when I know I wasn't or it wasn't possible for them to tell. aka, one cop trying to tell me he was pacing me at 71 in a 55. Anytime a cop tries to say he was "pacing" you, he/she is a fuckin liar.
    Originally posted by ShiRen:
    Nice car or not, nobody likes losing a race to an old 4 door Honda.

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

I get pulled over all the time. They discriminate or think I'm up to no good with this old car. Last week I got pulled over for having a trim around my tag and apparently in the State of Florida that's not allowed. Even though it's been on there over 10 years.

Vehicle
    86 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    I get pulled over all the time. They discriminate or think I'm up to no good with this old car. Last week I got pulled over for having a trim around my tag and apparently in the State of Florida that's not allowed. Even though it's been on there over 10 years.
    OMG ! I couldn't believe it. I'm in Florida.

Vehicle
    86 LXi

I just googled and there is such a law here. I did not know that !

I have seen people with all kind of obstructive frame and anti-radar plate cover. I've never seen people being pulled for that.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Pulled over three times total. All in my 3gee. One time they were clearly looking for someone who ran away in a similar car because when they pulled me over they had me get out and sit on the curb as they question my wife to see if she was ok and safe. They let us go but saw a couple other 3geez pulled over on the highway that day too.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by AC439 View Post
    I just googled and there is such a law here. I did not know that !

I have seen people with all kind of obstructive frame and anti-radar plate cover. I've never seen people being pulled for that.
    Yeah every other car you see has a tag trim. They see that old car and think you're up to no good lol

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I'm definitely up to no good when I'm driving mine. I drive like a man on fire but have only gotten 1 ticket, if memory serves. Probably because I'm not driving fast. At least not at the top end out on an open road. I tend to be plowing through crowds of wildebeast too stupid to pass a left lane bandit. There's a lot of fancy maneuvers, intimidation and finger flying, but such things are hard to quantify and it's tough to get a radar fix in that situation. Harder still to follow if you're in a police SUV. Plus I keep my car clean, the paint still looks good at a distance, and my windows aren't tinted. I look like just another boring middle-aged guy driving his classic car.
    Last edited by Dr_Snooz; 07-20-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    Yeah every other car you see has a tag trim. They see that old car and think you're up to no good lol
    I was on my way home yesterday after I was made aware of this law. I paid much more attention to what plate frames people have. Basically 8 out of 10 cars have plate frames and some are definitely obstructing. So I texted my kids to make sure they have no frames on the plate. I made myself home and found I sure have a CARMAX frame on my Lexus' plate !

I totally agree the cops are thinking when you are in an old car you up to no good.

Yeah boy, just out here doing bad shit in my 3gee
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle

whelp... jinxed myself... got hit today for supposedly doing 40 in a 25. Utter bullshit because my needle wasn't even at 40 and my speedometer reads 3mph faster than what the needle says.
    can you ask for the radar because I'm thinking about fighting this one. Wife was in the car with me and she saw speedometer not at 40 too.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

What road has a 25mph speed limit?

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

School zone.

I jinxed myself too, and I learned how it ends when you get a little too "creative" around cops who technically can't write you tickets. They phone over to their Chippie buddies who will patrol your road relentlessly until they catch you. He clocked me at 83 in a 55. That's probably right because I was passing a bunch of knuckleheads when he got me. Oddly, he only wrote me up for 60. I honestly don't know why. I haven't seen one CHP since on that road. LOL. I went to court and they dropped the fine by more than half and I'm doing traffic school to keep it off my record. All in all, it could have been much, much worse (as in jail time for reckless driving). I love to complain about this stuff, but I couldn't find any good reason. I was in the truck BTW, not the 3g.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle

Wasnt even a school zone, was just a side road in town.