Thread: Where to find cheeper proformance parts

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx

Where to find cheeper proformance parts

I just got an 88 Honda Accord Lx 5-spd with 116,000 miles on it and im on a budget. I want to get an exhaust pipe and an intake for it. I looked around and everything was about 100+. I really want the pipe first. My friend said that i can get like an injen filter and put it where my intake box goes, but to be honest i don't know much about cars and i don't know if that will work. So what i really want to know is where to get some cheep parts to make my car sound nice and give a few extra HP

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Well, since you have an LX, it's carbed, therefore you won't be able to find an intake for it. If I was you, I'd got for the pipe. Oh, you might wanna "flip the lid" like more carb owners do. That won't help with performance, but it'll make it sound better.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx
    Ok....eye seeee...well what can i do thats not too expencive that will boost my Hp?

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Do what some of the members have. Weber conversion. I don't know how much that'll cost though.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx
    well...like i said i don't know much about cars....what is a weber conversion? and do u have any mods on your car that help with the HP?

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Well, I have an LX-i and it's fuel injected and I don't know much about carbs. However, I sould suggest an exhaust system to be the fastest and probably cheapest HP gain for an LX. Just give this thread some time and you'll get some tips from the LX and DX owners.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by myfirst3g88accord
    well...like i said i don't know much about cars....what is a weber conversion? and do u have any mods on your car that help with the HP?
    No you can't do the weber conversion, your in a county that does the treadmill emissions testing (what ever they call it I can't remember). Your best bet is to purchase a header and find a muffler you like, buy it, and take it to Quiet masters in modesto 209-576-7370, and have them create you a custom cat-back exhaust system. They created mine for only $92. You might be able to pass emissions with a mild cam regrind and get some extra power that way. I have seen mild regrinds pass on LXI cars even with the more aggressive emissions tests your under.

You can get a pacesetter header for $155 from www.nopionline.com To do a intake, you'll need to be creative to say the least.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx
    Thanks a lot....i was in a chat room and i was talking with a guy who has a 90 HB and he said that its pretty easy to make a home made intake and i found a website to do it....it doesn't look that hard and it costs about $30....and he also said that an exhaust pipe alone will not give me better proformance but it would sound nice so i should get a universial.....what would be the best thing to do with those ideas?

1988starter
    Sense you have a carb you may have trouble with an intake as you will have to make a custom adaper.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx
    eye seee....my friend ran into a problem with his intake when he dropped his air sensor and it broke he tried to make it work anyway and it did for about a week till his car wouldn't start....dang..would it have been easier if i had bought the 1991 accord lx because i had a choice..the 88 is a lot cleaner

Vehicle
    2000 Integra GS-R, 1988 Accord LX-i
    4th gen accords are all fuel injected I believe. Your engine is carburated. I suggest since you cant do a weber conversion, since you are in cali, that you might want to look at converting your car over to fuel injection in the future. As for cheap stuff you can do now, get a catback exhaust.
    - Matt

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Or why not trade your carb for a fuel injected? I'm pretty sure you can find a decent LX-i or maybe even an SE-i in your area. It's just a thought, but something I would do if I'm serious about upgrading my car to a performance car if I were you.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lx
    yeah...thats true...but my car is so clean and has low miles with a hecka good clutch....it might be cheaper in the long run to just keep this one and change it to fuel injection because if i trade it for an LXi it might have a worn clutch or something worng with the engine because someone drove it too hard....my friend said that i shold get a b18 swap....but i dunno....i do appericate the help u guys are giving me. i found an Apex N1 exhaust on e-bay for 50.00....and i can get a custom cat-back for around 100 or less...so..imma focus on those right now