Thread: Please LOOK!!! Reply w/ help PLEEEAASSSE!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    Had a nice electron blue '88 4dr.

Please LOOK!!! Reply w/ help PLEEEAASSSE!!

I just got this screen and everyone tells me I need an adapter to get it to work in my car....a pic below shows the screen and the little connector. Anybody have any suggestions/tips? help me if you can. Thanks.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    Where the hell is the rest of it? Where did u steal it from?
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    It has to have NTSC outs for it to work on a TV/VCR/whatever. Find the model number on the LCD (probably on the edge), and Google for it.

I doubt it does though.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Banned
    Where did you get that screen from, and how big is it? Your not going to be able to make that work. I Have a feeling the thing isnt 12 volt. Each wire may be a different voltage and the odds of making it work are slim to none without some electronics knowledge (without an adapter of course). It looks like it is made to be plugged into something, such as a touch screen or something smaller.

What are the wires on the right hand side? Its going to be rough to make it work.....and even with an adapter, I highly doubt the adapter gives you video and audio in capabilities..and then you need to power it

Nate.

Vehicle
    2000 Civic
    looks like it came out from a laptop case if you ask me...
    CCCC #118 -=-=- VSM #1 -=-=- CCNC #0420

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    yes it does...but the good part is that computers and auto's both use DC power, so it could work. Finding an adapter is another story tho.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    1989 LX-i HB (sold), 1995 VW Jetta VR6
    Dammit ... looks like a 12" LCD off a laptop as was said before.

I would say unless you are pretty handy at some electronics it will not be easy.

Sorry

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord sedan
    go find a computer engineer adn talk to him about the possibility of making your own adapter...thast your best bet....but I gauretee it would have been cheaper to just buy a vcd screen or somethign like that....

you can try contacting the company that made the screen adn see if they can at least give you a wireing scheeme for the wires that are there....
    nothing

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

no offense....

No offense dude...but did u buy that shit from some crack head looking for a hit?!?!

i dont have LCD's yet....but ive done a LOT of research on them...and ive NEVER seen one that looks like that....as i repeat.....is that stollen? or like a flea market? If i were u i would have just gotten the whole set deal done by professionals....either that or buy a better kit....beacsue i dont even see where that would mount..unless its smaller than it looks....anywyas....baisc summation: dont buy shit from crack heads....

ANd also dont go for shit thats way outta ur league.....if it requiers pro instillation..it should probably be left to the pros...either that or ur dash board melts off and ur car catches on fire and u die....but oh well.....

DX User
    Vehicle
    Had a nice electron blue '88 4dr.
    No a friend of mine came across it and gave it to me. He didn't want it. It's not stolen and I didn't pay a dime for it because it looked odd in the first place.

you need to start by figuring out it came out of!
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    well... when I was looking for a LCD for my 3g I came across the same stuff on ebay.... I can't find anymore now but I found a guy with a similar setup... The flat panel LCDs are popular for headrest installations and so on... check out this guys shit and email him. (address is near the bottom of the page) ... I know that they sell those and that people get them to work because I have seen that same wireing adapter before... good luck...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1356781254
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    dude its from a laptop i'm pretty sure, and i could be wrong but i think computer dc is around +5V, you could make a transformer-style adapter for the power, it wouldn't be that hard, but what inputs do you have for the actual video?

Vehicle
    1998 VT Commodore 50th Anniversary Edition
    OK, that's an LCD screen obviously out of a laptop computer, now the problem is to get it to work is an issue.

Firstly all modern LCD"s are digital, therefore just hooking them up to a regular computer output or tv signal or whatever WILL NOT WORK!

WIth laptops most companies use propietary interfaces and what no, therefore you'll need to find the video card from the laptop it came out of to get it to work.

Wiring adaptors and that are useless you must have equipment that can output digital in a signal that the screen will recognise.

To output a signal from a tv or regular VGA output you must have equipment which can convert from analogue to digital. And believe you me it's not easy or cheap.

The only way that screen will be useful is if you connect it up to a laptop it's compatible with...otherwise it's really worthless.

I was planning to use a toshiba 14' lcd from my old laptop to connect to my wall, but once I found out the amount of fucking around that was needed to get it done and all that, it just turned out not to be even worth it....not for the money you'll spend, and also you really need to be an electronics engineer to be able to figure out and work this stuff out.

Dude trust me just buy an in-car lcd setup and save the hassel. The one on ebay is one with all the circuitry and all that.
    Cocaine's A Helluva Drug! - Rick James
    I really fracked things up for you Bill - Colonel Tigh
    Girl we couldn't get much Higher! - Light My Fire