Thread: Leaky injectors..........

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe

Leaky injectors..........

I'm wanting to replace the o rings in my injectors how do i get them off and where does the o ring go
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lxi

sorry dude

sorry man, but i think you have to replace te entire injector if its leaking, cuse its usally not the oring leaking, least thats what i was told when i looked into mine.

peace

fussell

Yup, second that opinion. The o-rings are not leaking. It is your injector where the plastic and metal parts are pressed together.

It seems like the best price anyone here has found is $40 each and they are available through nopi.com. The new ones come with all the seals you need and if you are careful you can just replace the ones that are leaking without replacing the seals on the injectors you leave in.

Vehicle
    lookin
    mine leak too... can we get bigger injectors for more fuel? or do we have to go for the norm?
    'honda makes people happy'

Getting bigger injectors won't do squat unless you get a new cam, intake, and exhaust.

Think of the engine as a pump. Unless you can get in more air and increase the duration of the valve opening adding more fuel in won't do anything except maybe decrease your gas mileage and enrich your fuel mixture. The injectors that came with your car are precisely "sized" for your current setup. Adding performance is not as simple as sticking in injectors with a higher flow rate.

Sorry, dude.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i
    I have two leaking fuel injectors that I need to replace. Are these the ones I'd have to buy?

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...53&vTitle=1988
    Performance Fuel Injector, ALL 2.0L (A20A1) Engines. (Flow Rate 255cc/Min.)
    "Citius, Altius, Fortius"
    -Aella

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Yeah those are the ones. I wonder if having different injectors on the engine would do something weird.

Maybe getting them from a junkyard would be cheaper. Also, you'll make sure they are all the same brand

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Damm Does are expensive!!! any reason u want perfomance fuel injectors?? just curious?? the venom injectors are 32 bucks!!! u can buy two for the price of one of the accel ones!!
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    88 LX-i
    oh hell, i don't know the difference yet. lol I just picked what looked right but if the venom ones fit too then i'll go with those. they all have to be the same brand? why?
    "Citius, Altius, Fortius"
    -Aella

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Well if u are willing to spend $130 for 4 injectors!! I was told that they do not have to be the same brand, just as long as the flow rate is same!! but heck what do I know!! That what the mechanic dude said to me!! Maybe he was trying to rip me off!! Try going to an auto zone type of store!! They should should be able to help you out!! maybe even pay less!! Sorry If am not much help!!
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    Originally posted by DBMaster
    Yup, second that opinion. The o-rings are not leaking. It is your injector where the plastic and metal parts are pressed together.
    I just did mine this weekend and the 3 that were leaking were definitely leaking at the seams, not the o-rings.
    Mike

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    89 Supra injectors fit, and flow more. If you got the usual I/H/E, throw on a pressure regulator, and put those in. Junkyards are filled with these cars.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.