Re: Welcome to 3geez!

Welcome

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User

Hi, I'm Liam and I just put a deposit down for a 1989 Honda Accord LX, 120,000 miles, manual, $750. Was supposed to pick it up this week until this snowstorm set in! Will post pics when I have it!

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

welcome

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda accord lx

Hello I just acquired a 1988 Honda accord LX with carburetor and automatic for my 16 year old. The car would run rough when we got it. replaced fuel filters cap rotor plugs plug wires drained gas and put in fresh gas with seafoam and adjusted idles and choke on carburetor. It now runs out pretty good but has a few issues. I will Post some problems looking for help. This looks like a great site so far.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-I

Hey all! Recently picked up a 1989 Accord SE-I with 246k after driving a 2003 Passat for that last 8 years...I'll be doing all gasket work this upcoming weekend. I'm ready for the fun!

DX User

What's up 3geez , I'm Brian. I just recently picked up a 1989 accord lx-i and I've decided to make it my project .I got big plans for it but it needs a lot of love. Not sure how active the community is here but seems like the perfect place to be . I'll start a thread for my car soon .

DX User

Hi Fellas,

Reading the great posts here helped my to decide on a 1988 accord lxi. Just got it home! Im so excited...
    Thanks Guys!

DX User

newbie,here. lost my sanity but did the full. 10000 vac line removal & regained it back.it was running great. till today ,top of the radiator blew off . carb, 88, w 39999 miles on it 2nd owner & well taken care of. only thing i did was hook up the heat riser hose. any thoughts on that would b greatly appreciated. the guage never showed anything diff. then normal. i had the heater on but turned it iff because im not charging .
    Last edited by qu14e; 07-09-2016 at 12:36 AM.

DX User

Hello,

Newbie. I have had my 87 accord dx for a couple years. I have done a few repairs and am about to take on right axle replacement, seal, and left wheel bearing. I am thankful for all of the great help on here.

Thanks.

DX User

Hi 3Geez community!! My name is Tanner and I recently purchased a 1987 honda accord lx after seeing some of the 3rd gens on this forum. I'm probably just going to be lurking, looking for info about my car.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI

What's up 3geez! I have an 89 accord Lxi that I have had for a couple years now. Unfortunately my auto trans bit the dust in January so it's been on the back burner. But in the down time i got a b18b1 from my brother in laws totaled 94 teggy. This winter I will be attempting the a to b swap lol wish me luck any help will be much appreciated. I will try to post pics of my build when possible.

DX User

Hey my name is Justin, I have an 86 ex accord, auto (hence the name)
    I have just spun a stud in the front passenger hub and it seems like I cannot source a hub anywhere in Oz. Any help to lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Left or right side won't matter if mechanics could be bothered pressing hub from knuckle.
    If all else fails 1986-1989 Honda Accord Front wheel hub & bearing kit assembly FW505K 518505 | eBay

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX

What's up y'all? Relative noob here. Done minor maintenence and repairs on an 88 Mazda 323, older explorers, rodeo, s10, and don't even get me started telling Saab stories...Just bought an 89 Accord DX hatchback (carbed, 5 speed manual) with 224k miles for $1k on Friday 12/16. I love it but it has already been teaching me some lessons. Long story short, after about 5 starts, had no start no crank issues but still had lights, radio, etc. Stood in the Oriley's parking lot with a flashlight soaking wet in freezing rain putting in a new starter after replacing a bad battery. Still got a no start no crank. Read around on this forum and saw people talking about "blue crayon" in the floorboard. Lo and behold, the stopper for the clutch saftey switch was missing. Bypass the switch and for a brief second I heard the starter engage and then total power loss. No lights nothing. Fiddle with the battery cable and I get power back but still no start no crank. Next step is replacing the 28 year old battery cable. I'm thinking this has got to be the issue. Spent $200 dollars and a couple of hours on what likely could have been fixed with a $15 dollar cable and a paper clip in less than 10 minutes. Story of my life.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

Hey all, new to the forum...also a member of 3geez facebook page. I'll soon be the proud owner of an 87 accord dx hatchback, automatic 😔, 124,xxx miles 😁. Getting the car from a good buddy of mine after my integra got totalled. But I have some major plans for the car and possibly a few question....if I can't find them myself. Well...off I go to search.....have a good one

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Chruck1990 View Post
    Hey all, new to the forum...also a member of 3geez facebook page. I'll soon be the proud owner of an 87 accord dx hatchback, automatic 😔, 124,xxx miles 😁. Getting the car from a good buddy of mine after my integra got totalled. But I have some major plans for the car and possibly a few question....if I can't find them myself. Well...off I go to search.....have a good one
    Welcome

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Welcome and have fun! These cars have a lot to teach us. When they fail us we might think to just get rid of it depending what situation we're in, but considering it being a 30 year old car or older, stuff breaks and will break if we do not give it the attention it needs, sure it will fail. It makes us think and figure things out and even trying to find parts is like a treasure hunt. Being a carbed car is an adventure of its own.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Chruck1990 View Post
    What color is your 87 DX hatch?

DX User

Hello! I just got out of my honda passport and into an 88 accord lxi auto, shes carb and I just got through some simple idle issues, she has 92k miles. I would like to swap for something faster and lighter. I am a novice to say the least but look forward to tips and suggestions. Thanks!

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Copple View Post
    Hello! I just got out of my honda passport and into an 88 accord lxi auto, shes carb and I just got through some simple idle issues, she has 92k miles. I would like to swap for something faster and lighter. I am a novice to say the least but look forward to tips and suggestions. Thanks!
    Welcome. You can do a fuel injected conversion or a B motor swap

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord ULX

Well here I am. Looking for a place with fun cars, and something about the Honda Accord (3rd gen) has been interesting. I found one locally with 208k miles that was fully running up till about a week before I bought it, for only 200. Has body damage, and hopefully just that. It did not appear to be leaking from what I could see though I could be wrong, as there was liquid on the tow truck but may have been there from their previous tow.

I really just want a place I can talk to other people who specialize in Honda's.

Specifically I have a 1989 Honda Accord ULX. My girlfriend on the other hand has an 87 Honda ULX. I'm going to be putting my carburetor on hers, as well as my tires and sending unit.

After fixing hers, I plan to get mine running but will be doing some searching before posting my questions. Always been a computer nerd, but computers got... too easy. Thought why not take on cars.

Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

My Name is Nate Edwards. I'm from New Mexico. I'm currently working on a 89 Accord Lx. I love it!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by NateEdwards78 View Post
    My Name is Nate Edwards. I'm from New Mexico. I'm currently working on a 89 Accord Lx. I love it!
    Welcome! Post some pics and share your work as well. We'd like to hear more about it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord Coupe

Hello, I'm Mitchell from Virginia Beach. I just picked up an 88 accord coupe and I'm planning an putting a b series in it. I'm free to opinions, any swaps that would be cheaper or easier that could handle boost?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I have no suggestions. Welcome though!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW