Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to 3geez!

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Welcome to 3geez!

Thanks for joining 3geez.com! Here you will find the largest, most comprehensive database of information on 76-89 Accords that you will find on the net. Every member that joins our community will increase the already deep pool of knowledge that rests in these forums. Please check the FAQ's, How-To's, and use the search function to find any information you need. And if you're stumped, you can always post a question

On behalf of 3geez Administration and Members, welcome aboard and have fun!
    - Joe

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord dx

Smile Re: Welcome to 3geez!

Hey, my names mike. just joined 3 geez. I have a 87 accord dx with 227,000 miles. and still running. 5 speed.my engine is carburated and id like to learn to get the fuel injection from the lxi and swap it over. i know this has been answered b4 but idk how to find it. anyhelp is much appreciated- mike

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i (BT- 142K) - 1993 Civic DX (225K) - 1996 Camry DX (173K)

Re: Welcome to 3geez!

Welcome welcome!

Those cars seem to never die.

Carotman documented the carbed to EFI swap.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112

http://carotman.no-ip.com:8888/perso...onversion.html

PS: use the "search" function at the top of the page...
    If it ain't broke... I fix it!

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord hatch

what up 3geez, just got an accord lxi hatchback bout to start hooking it up, im new to the site so i hope i learn from u guys thanks

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 honda accord se-i 4 door

new here... just got my hands on a 86 lx-i 4door with about 150,??? something miles on it from what the guy that sold me the car told me. but it reads 356 865 on the dash.... he also told me it was a rebuilt motor soooo.... i dont know... i want to keep this car forever sooo i need help on doing soo....

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Welcome! When you have a moment, open a new thread in this section, tell us more about your car and post pics when you hit the 5 post minimum. Enjoy your stay here, there's a lot to learn and it doesn't matter what you're working on, someone here has done it and can help you figure it out.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    87' CA5

Hey 3rd generz.... my name is chris and flippin LOVE my 87 vigor... I mean inspire.... I mean.... my accord! Lol I like be around folk who have my same passion. So thanks for the invite, and im glad to be apart of the fam!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

hey

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and i wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alvin and I'am a representative of Bisimoto Engineering. If there is any questions comments or concerns with the company or the products feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by BisimotoAlvin; 03-04-2011 at 05:53 PM.

DX User

Hi 3Geez. I'm F1RST PR1ME. I have an 88 Accord 5spd.

Vehicle
    1986/accord/lx-i

hey 3geez im slowa20tog22 i have a 1986 honda accord lx-i

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Welcome!

Seriously though, you'll get a much warmer welcome if you start a NEW thread in the Newbie Introductions section to introduce yourself. You can post pics of your car after 5 posts (feel free to whore your own thread to get to the 5 post minimum.)

This is an old thread and is not getting much attention now.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1986 accord lx-i

whats up 3geez ive been a long time fan of this site and now i finnally got a 3g of
    my own to join the site
    i got a 86 accord lx-i
    bone stock haha

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LXi Sedan

Yo!!

So, I've never owned a Honda and the car I have now is the oldest car I have ever owned.

I am driving a 87 Honda Accord LXi. It is in really good condition and only has a few small issues (hole in the muffler, motor mount, and the original deck has a tape stuck in it that I can't get out and can't use the radio because the tape is in the deck.). I really like the car and am glad I found this site because I really want to take great care of this awesome car, just as the other user did (130k original miles).

I plan to be harassing all of you and getting as much information as possible from you... So, sorry if I become annoying with stupid questions, but luckily, there is a board for just that :-).

Have a good one, and thanks for the site!

Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord LX-i

Yo peeps the names jon I'm driving the great 86 manual 5 speed accord lxi hatchback 250,xxx miles on her no mods as of right now but once I have some cash to be spending I will be dropping some into it here and there I've got a lot of plans for this car some stuff that will blow your minds so keep an eye out for me I had an 87 accord lxi befor this one I put 450,xxx miles on it befor it seized up on me because I had a suspension problem and had no money to fix it so the car sat for 4 months

DX User

Hey everyone just got 89 lxi hoping to get to know some you and will post pic soon

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to 3geez!

Hi All,

Just bought an 89 LXi Florida car with 132K on it. Car had been off the road for 8 years. Owner claimed he started it every 6 months. Don't think so, fuel line corroded along drivers floor, pumped some serious petrol with ignition on. Fixed fuel line with high pressure fuel line, started like it ran yesterday. A couple of ticks an then quiet and smooth. Left rear brake fused to drum, had to beat it apart. Did a "poor mans" brake job with 60 grit sandpaper so I could get it home. Just finished the brakes all around. Drums and rotors cleaned up fine, all new parts from there. Flushed the brake fluid all around, not pretty. Just need to clean the nests out of the heater circuit and give her a good cleaning. Oh yeah, new oil, tranny and radiator flush and she's like new. Surprised the auto trans survived the inactivity so well. Thank you guys for the tip on the code six problem. Located the temp sensor and found a brittle and broken wire. Did some surgery on the connector, added new pigtail to it and reinstalled. Still need to get right side headlight retract motor to work. Left works fine from both switches and both lamps work fine. Fuses are good so I am thinking relay or connector problem. Or motor (hope not). Glad I found you folks. Peace, Rick

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

nice to see you are taking care of the car

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi

Found the headlight retract problem. Removed the retract motor and found 2 broken wires coming from the top section of the motor. Soldered them back together, problem solved. Car still stinks from a rodent infestation. Removed the lower windshield cowl trim, looked like Hotel California in there! Spent the day scrubbing with ZEP orange cleaner, lots of of hose flushing. Getting better, still NOT there. The heater core is going to have to come out and be cleaned, pressure washed and deodorized. I will not be beaten by these little furry creatures. Car was parked for 7 or 8 years. Runs great, stinks like hell. Any ideas would be appreciated. Peace, Rick

DX User

Hello all!,
    My name is Patrick. I just bought me an 88 accord LX (carb) for $500! Great deal except it keeps overheating. So far that's the only major thing I can find wrong with it. So, here is what I have replaced on it to try and fix the problem: thermostat and gasket, coolant temp sending unit, radiator, and 3 jugs of coolant and no results. I've checked the upper hose its fine, not the lower one yet, water pump is not making any noise, the end of the heater hose was bulged so I just snipped it and put it back on, the oil is still oil and it is not milky or has any coolant in it. When it overheats the fans do turn on so I now its not the fans, although the temp gauge on the dash seems to go back and forth from working to not working. I just recently completely drained the cooling system to put new coolant in it and when I did white smoke was coming out of the radiator! Don't know what that means. I also took out the thermostat to see if that would help but it didn't seem to, I checked the upper and lower hose for heat, the upper got hot but the lower did not. I was expecting it to get hot a good bit after the upper did but it did not. I also tried bleeding the system but I cannot get a steady stream of coolant to come out, it just spurts liquid then steam. I checked on youtube and all of those its coming out of the tailpipe and its due to a blown or leaking head gasket. Is that the same problem I am having? This was the first time it has spewed white smoke. Any help is greatly appreciated! I apologize in advance if I have left anything out. Tomorrow I am going to test the cooling system pressure to see if it is leaking. I saw that on youtube too. Thanks in advance everyone!
    Last edited by Chaotica; 08-01-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lxi hatch

hey everyone new guy here, just got myself a clean 1987 accord lxi. its a beauty. i, myself dont know too much about cars but know enough to keep my car running and healthy. what i would really like to know is im hoping to get some 15X8 ROTA GRID-V WHEELS for my car. i just want to know if hub bore is gonna make a big difference and plus this rim is quite wide so i kinda need anything else that i might have to do to make things work. any help is greatly appreciated

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by khontra View Post
    hey everyone new guy here, just got myself a clean 1987 accord lxi. its a beauty. i, myself dont know too much about cars but know enough to keep my car running and healthy. what i would really like to know is im hoping to get some 15X8 ROTA GRID-V WHEELS for my car. i just want to know if hub bore is gonna make a big difference and plus this rim is quite wide so i kinda need anything else that i might have to do to make things work. any help is greatly appreciated
    Watch the offset of the rims. Don't go too far from the standard +45 on our cars, your handling will suffer from it.
    I think anything up to 10mm more to the outside of the car (= +35) will be okay, and looks better!

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by bryan6732 View Post
    Watch the offset of the rims. Don't go too far from the standard +45 on our cars, your handling will suffer from it.
    I think anything up to 10mm more to the outside of the car (= +35) will be okay, and looks better!
    k the rims i am hoping to get is showing me a number of "0" for offset. sooooo...does that mean im good to go? thanks for the help, i'm glad i learning all this.

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord dx mt

im jdm4life i have a 87 accord dx mt no big mods only stage 4 vac removal and plan alot more hope to learn from u guys
    87 accord dx mt