Thread: You can do your part by archiving 3geez info!

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

You can do your part by archiving 3geez info!

These cars are old, parts and info is just dying off. I am constantly running into dead links. Even though this forum will probably be around for a long time, everything attached to it won't. Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine is a good way to keep these things alive. Any external links or pictures you see can be copied and pasted right here:

If you are browsing a website you can also just enter it in the box at the top of the page next to Wayback Machine. If you run across a page that is not saved and is still available it will offer to save it. I am currently going through and snapshotting 3geez.wiki-tv.com because I also use the wayback machine to bypass my works firewall.

If you want to help and are having any troubles please let me know!

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: You can do your part by archiving 3geez info!

I started an obsolete parts thread a while back I am entertaining making it a sticky with the proper format of course. I envision it a list of parts with the Honda part number and have people work on finding suitable replacement parts or parts remade.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Finding the Honda part number is relatively easy, but unless we really do some digging on what parts still fit, probably from other cars or even brands, a lot of the time the only option is to just go to a yard. I've been searching high and low for a rear sway bar because the factory upgrade from another car is just as hard to find as any aftermarket parts. Its good stat1k found that kit, we need to save stuff like that, even if it isn't the best choice.

I am about to try lowering springs for a 4g civic, I have the Skunk2 part number, and crx suspension parts aren't likely to die off very soon. So glad we have ksport coils as an option, but lowering springs and kybs/tokikos is cheaper by almost a grand, granted I am getting machine work done to fit some extended top hats. We need a better list of stuff like that after its been tested, our lists are pretty much obsolete aftermarket... heck I think the only aftermarket part I've gotten that's not a wear item is an obx header.

I'd like to work on some 3d printed parts in the near future, but I don't have a printer big enough for anything worthwhile.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

I think you can get into K sports for 700$.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

From where? Ksport often has sales, but theyre $1100 rn

Vehicle
    88 LXi

I didnt pay more than 800$? you sure its not guys on FB ratting them out then flipping them?
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I am not sure lol. Thats the price of about all their coils now, has been for a good while

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I'd be interested in K-sports for $800. The cheapest I've found is $1100 too. That was a year ago, so they're probably closer to $1500 now with all the inflation lately.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I'd be interested in K-sports for $800. The cheapest I've found is $1100 too. That was a year ago, so they're probably closer to $1500 now with all the inflation lately.

yeah blew my mind they jumped the price up that much. I still need to look up how much I paid for them.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

It's the parts dearth that's killing me. It's like, "hey there's no pics in this trans swap thread! ...oh, it doesn't matter cause I can't find a working trans anyway." If I do find a trans, "hey it's all worn out and sloppy inside." I gotta figure out how to fab new parts into my car now. Like brakes. There's nothing specifically wrong with mine, but they're still loosey goosey. I find myself braking earlier, hesitating more because I just don't have that confidence. Since stupid Honda has left us high and dry on parts, I want to pull all that old crap out, hard lines, MC, calipers, booster, pedal box, every last piece, and fab in a good Wilwood system. Something solidly aftermarket that I can rely on for parts.

Uh... not that I don't support archiving the board, ShiRen. I've been hoping we could do something about that for a long time. Your plan is great.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I have just up and accepted that parts for these cars are going to be gone soon, especially oem ones. There are things that will always be around or can be crossed like tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, but youre boned if you need an engine or trans. I really like the A series, but its so darn heavy, if my trans were messed up I would not be looking for a parts donor very long before I bought a B20. I am fully capable of just sending it on this car, I am making parts just work, but I know there is guys dailying stock 3geez and it kind of just blows my mind. If you haven't owned the car for a long time you probably have a whole lot of problems to work out. I mean at least those guys are coming to the forum and asking for help, people have been making due for well over a decade, its a good place to come to.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

You know, a couple years ago, the mods went through (mostly me and Roodoo) and salvaged all the How-To threads. We kept losing photos, so we uploaded everything left to the 3geez site. They're kinda small, but at least they're there.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Yeah, size is one reason why I would like to figure out how to turn Dropbox images to BBCode, but I haven't looked into it much.

Wayback machine is god redundancy for the site though, look, here is your sig image https://web.archive.org/web/20200618...snooz_sig1.jpg Here is this whole post images and all https://web.archive.org/web/20200618...geez-info.html

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Uh oh. Please don't go looking for my red cup pics...
    Dr_Snooz