Thread: race springs

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si

race springs

does anyone make "race springs" for our cars, all i find are sports springs which I'm assuming aren't as good.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    want stiff? get some drop zone coilovers with some revalved KONI's

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Re: race springs

Originally posted by Morpheus
    does anyone make "race springs" for our cars, all i find are sports springs which I'm assuming aren't as good.
    No one makes race springs. But frankly that's more of a Neuspeed and H&R marketing term more than anything else anyways. Those Neuspeed and H&R "race" springs are stiff, extreamly stiff at or above 500lbs spring rates. But they are to low to really be used as race springs. Also when you go past 350lbs spring rates, your going past what the Koni's can handle and still be a effective strut. So revalveing would be in order, or your wasting your time and money going stiffer than 350lbs.

Now the thing I want to know, what do you want from your 3g's suspension? How will you drive with it? Do you push your car to 8/10's of the limit or 10/10's of the limit as far as handling goes?
    You may not need a suspension that stiff. Let me know your answer's and I'll have more to say to help you.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    Yeah Neuspeed really promotes "racing springs". Neuspeed is a great company but I don't think there springs are that good.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    u ever driven a go-kart? I want something that feels like that with little body roll where u can feel the tires break off and control the slide. I know that most people don't really care about handling and this whole import aftermarket is based on stuff like quarter mile times but I want the handling too.
    Last edited by Morpheus; 03-17-2003 at 02:37 PM.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    Originally posted by Morpheus
    u ever driven a go-kart? I want something that feels like that with little body roll where u can feel the tires break off and control the slide. I know that most people don't really care about handling and this whole import aftermarket is based on stuff like quarter mile times but I want the handling too.
    I couldn't agree more with you about the hunger for handling. There's nothing better then a road hugging car through the twisties. Honestly, it's kinda strange that I'm suggesting this, but I was running with the B&G's for about 6 months, and the car handled beautifully with a Koni on each corner. B&G claimed it to be only a 1.6" drop, but I ended up with over a 3" drop. That bastard handled just like a go-kart. You hit a bump, your teeth chattered, but there was virtually NO body roll to speak of. She handled like she was on rails.

Now I'm moving up to the DropZone c/o's and getting the Koni's sent out for a fresh coat of paint, a full rebuild, and a revalve. I don't know anyone on this board that has used the DZ's in competition, so I don't know how well they can tolerate the severe beating they'll have to endure, so I guess I'll consider myself the guinea pig for the DZ's autocrossing abilities.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    any links?

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    B&G's (and lots of other suspension) = www.shox.com
    Other good stuff (Koni's, etc.) = www.nopionline.com
    More helpfull links (progress springs) = www.openloopmotorsports.com
    -Mark D.