Thread: B18c1

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project

B18c1

i need input here

in the next year, mah grand father is goin to die. i will be left with over 100 000 dollars for myself. I am wondering what i can do with this. I know i will put half in the bank for later use. But with 50 000 can i build a 1991 CRX with enuff power to do a 11 second pass? and with the rest of the cash can i build a 400 HP B18 for the Accord? i really like the styling of the accord and i think i would be interested in getting a nice mint HB and putting some shit in it... would i get some major praise on this board? i know I will be getting a load of cash somtime soon and maybe i will be doin this

what do ya think?

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

Re: B18c1

Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
    i need input here

in the next year, mah grand father is goin to die. i will be left with over 100 000 dollars for myself. I am wondering what i can do with this. I know i will put half in the bank for later use. But with 50 000 can i build a 1991 CRX with enuff power to do a 11 second pass? and with the rest of the cash can i build a 400 HP B18 for the Accord? i really like the styling of the accord and i think i would be interested in getting a nice mint HB and putting some shit in it... would i get some major praise on this board? i know I will be getting a load of cash somtime soon and maybe i will be doin this

what do ya think?

Travis
    Nice to see you are practically counting down the days till your grandfather dies. There are more important things in life than a car.ut:
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    why would you blow all the money on a car? the smart thing to do is bank it. thats money that will help you out alot later in life. it's plain stupid to blow 100G's on cars
    - Joe

Vehicle
    im not counting down the days... plus i barly know the guy.. he lives very far away and i have seen him like 3 times in the last 5 years.... its not like i get to see him...

i know its not cool to drop that much on a car... i just love them so much! i was also thinkin of buyin a house... that would be a good investment right?

Travis

Vehicle
    89' LX-i coupe, 09 Mazda 3I
    That is what I was going to say.. Get a house.. And ya..I would be stupid and spend the rest on cars too.......

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    Yeah honestly id spend alot on the car but prolly not 50G's worth... if i spend more than 20Gs thats too much for me. I bet you could make an 11 second car for well under 10g anyways.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    88 accord ex-i, 88 prelude Si
    With that money, why not have the H22A welded in?
    Now:
    -1988 Honda Prelude custom
    -1988 Honda Accord (to be fixed and sold)
    Soon:
    -some big 4x4 truck
    -91 Acura NSX
    http://www.hatetofeelband.com

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    If your getting 100k, what everyone else getting? Must me nice, I should be getting about $28k from my dads estate next month. I would have gotten allot more but I got a advance on my inheirtance for the downpayment to buy my house. I'm getting my wife a 99 toyota sienna, that way I get the car I really want latter on (van is only $13k, so I'll have plenty left over to bank).

Well to each their own on the 11 sec car. I hope you can get what will make you happy and not waste the money. If I can't get the infiniti I want I'll get a TSX, RSX, or a used teg GSR for $10k that I mod with about $5k in aftermarket stuff.

(yeah I changed my tune on the TSX, just read the reviews).

Vehicle
    well... mah grandpa has a 2 million dollar house and like a few million in the bank... he invested in Bell Canada when it first came out and he made lots.... any way... i am thinkin of gettin a Type R or GSR and just making it have like 400 HP... that will be good for 12 seconds and then ill shot a 100 shot to ghet to the 11's... this should all cost less than 25000 and the rest will be in the bank...

Travis

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    Ok If it was me I would take no more than $10,000(if you know what your doing you shouldnt need anymore) drop it into the car and put the rest up in the bank.
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    yeah!!! 10k would make a clean ass 3g!!! You could do an engine swap, suspension, paint, i/h/e, audio system... the list goes on... I would build a clean ass quick 3g and save the rest for your late 30's or so. You will look back and be very glad that you saved all of it. IMHO
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    i will have to get a new 3G cuz mine is fucked... i guess 10-15 grand will do fine..

1500 for car
    5000 engine
    1000 interior
    2500 system
    1500 paint
    1000 wheels
    1000 suspention

thats 13 500 bucks... it should be enuff to have a fast 3G with enuff HP to satisfy me for a while

Travis

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Damn, at least you saw your grandpa. I've never ever seen my grandparents all my life and no, when they're gone, I will not get any money either. Anyways, if you're thinking about spending 50G's just to make an 11 second car, then you're out of your mind. It does not take that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    no.. 50 g to build two 11 second cars.. one is paid for the other has to be bought first... but i figure that with 50 grand i can make a 9 second supra

Travis

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-I
    i say u get a nice house with a dream garage. lift, heated, every tool known to man well that would be my dream.....:super:

Vehicle
    1998, 1993, 1989 240sx / 94 RX-7

That's nuts!

Most people here (including myself), have 3Geez because they are saving up for something better. Why would anyone spend $10,000 on a 3rd gen?

Vehicle
    87 busted ass hatch
    dude...if you're getting 100k, why not just invest it and live off the interest? put the money in some cd, or high interest fund...and do like i said, just live off the interest. you might get 1-200 a month, but that way your money never runs out. just my 2 cents.
    - Justin

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    Originally posted by Nospeed
    dude...if you're getting 100k, why not just invest it and live off the interest? put the money in some cd, or high interest fund...and do like i said, just live off the interest. you might get 1-200 a month, but that way your money never runs out. just my 2 cents.
    thats what I would do

I would do that or buy a house.

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    ....Why would anyone spend $10,000 on a 3rd gen?
    Becuase nobody has before.....
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 4dr lx, 91 CRX Si, 92/civic/hb si, 94 mustang GT conv.
    But with 50 000 can i build a 1991 CRX with enuff power to do a 11 second pass? and with the rest of the cash can i build a 400 HP B18 for the Accord?
    The first question Yes the second question Yes. Are you kidding us 50K you should be slapped if you spend that much money and can't get a CRX in the 11's and 400HP out of a B18.

You can get a CRX for under 1K strip down. B18B, ECU, and a LSD tranny installed for a 1k. Custom CAI, Header, and Custom Exhaust for 400. Injectors, FPR, and a NOS wet kit with a pair of drag slicks for 1500. As long as you no how to drive and you tune it right you should be in the 11's easy. Of course if you do most of the work yourself you save money.
    87 4dr LX "It was FREE"
    91 CRX Si it was only $500 hehe

Vehicle
    alright... i have a plan.. but it will prolly change when i get the cash in mah hands...

$7-$10 on the REX

get rig of the 3 g and buy a nice truck for the winter... then invest the rest

Travis

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i (RIP)
    Nothing personal, but, how old are you DXHATCHBACK ? Because there might be some legal crap to take care of, and I'm sure canada has an estate tax/inheritance tax. Why i ask you how old you are is that there may be some loop holes if you're not 18 or whatever the age of majority is in canada.

I'm thinking you're not going to get 100k. I'm sure it's going to be less than that. Unless the Canadian government is completely oblivous to taxing to get money.
    This useless space for sale, please inquire at the front desk.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    On that note, in the U.S. only amounts over $500,000 are taxable on inheritance, that includes real property. So if you get $1000 cash but also land that's valued at $749,000 you'll pay tax on $250,000.

Vehicle
    im only 17 but i dont think inheritance gets taxed to much... if any... im not shur but im not gonna think about it till the day comes... just to let you know.. im goin to see my grand pa this thursday and im gonna be back saturday night... 4 hours drive to see him each way.. but i might as well go see him.. he is kinda sick but i heard he still has a few years left.. i havent seen him foir three years so its gonna be a nice thing. i hope i can get to know him a bit b4 he dies.. i have been thinkin alot about it lately and i really dont want to just take his money and have never known him in my adult life when it counts most...

Travis

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    It's good to see you're thinking about developing a relationship that goes beyond money with your Grandpa. Sure he's gonna die relatively soon, but it's good to get to know him while he's alive, and I'm sure he'd like to get to know you. There's nothing more valuable than knowing your family. If you pass up the chance to get to know him, you'll regret it for the rest of your life and you'll feel shitty about spending $50k on a CRX (which is insane in the first place!!!) Anyhow, I recommend just keeping your car, doing stuff you want to do with it, and limit yourself to like 10k or so. Invest the rest...make some money off of it like your Grandpa did!

But before anything, build that relationship...you'll be happy you did.