Thread: Joining the community

DX User

Joining the community

Hey guys! First time om the forums here and I was hoping to get some help, wisdom and general info on these cars. I am currently looking at getting a 3 owner ~170K mile 85’ Accord hatchback 5 speed (I know it’s a second gen so I apologize if this post is misplaced, there’s even less info on those!) and I’ve been struggling to find much info on the reliability or really any pertinent information on these cars. A quick look told me parts aren’t exactly easy to find, what do y’all do about that, is there a list of compatible honda parts from other models and years on the forum? Is fabrication the only answer? The main thing I want to know about is problems to look for. The 1.8L carbeurated engine is one I know little about, and I’m also judging this car by the “it’s a honda” philosophy so any info would be great! Are there electrical, trans, engine, suspension, body, rust issues? Anything will help! I’m going to test drive on Wednesday and maybe whip up the money for it, but I’d love to know more about it so I can haggle and take the price down a good bit. Thank you guys for whatever you can tell me and I look forward to posting here a little more often

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Joining the community

Hello,welcome to the forums. I moved to your post to the new poster section to get you
    started off.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!