Thread: Integra rear disk brake conversion

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Integra rear disk brake conversion

I have been planning to do a brake conversion, but with more common parts. The ideal route is Integra rotors, calipers, and brackets, so there is more options available and all parts are easier to find, but 3g Prelude rotors are the same as SE-I rotors and should still be able to be used with Integra parts. Fastbrakes sells an 11" conversion for either setup, but Wilwood sells a 12" setup for the Integra if you want to get serious.
    https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=67 This is the route I need to go with. There is an outfit near me that does laser cut parts and I can get a batch done after I figure out the offset and design. The material thickness worries me a bit, but I need to see how solid the stock Integra setup is.

I need to get my hands on some parts. I need: SE-I rotors, Integra rotors, Integra brackets, Integra calipers. If anyone can supply me the measurements of the first 3 parts I would be very grateful. I need to know rotor offset (face to face, don't care which ones as long as I get the same on both rotors), I will probably have to measure the bracket myself.

I think on the Integra the bracket is integral to the caliper, so on most good remans you get the whole thing, so that makes acquiring parts a little easier. In my case I will need to get the whole rear trailing arm assembly so I can make a measurement to the caliper mount. So the SE-I rotors will be the only thing that I won't have, provided that I even need them, they aren't expensive either. It just started to get hellishly cold, so hopefully there is a decent enough day to go to the parts yard soon.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Integra rear disk brake conversion

Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    I have been planning to do a brake conversion, but with more common parts. The ideal route is Integra rotors, calipers, and brackets, so there is more options available and all parts are easier to find, but 3g Prelude rotors are the same as SE-I rotors and should still be able to be used with Integra parts. Fastbrakes sells an 11" conversion for either setup, but Wilwood sells a 12" setup for the Integra if you want to get serious.
    https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=67 This is the route I need to go with. There is an outfit near me that does laser cut parts and I can get a batch done after I figure out the offset and design. The material thickness worries me a bit, but I need to see how solid the stock Integra setup is.

I need to get my hands on some parts. I need: SE-I rotors, Integra rotors, Integra brackets, Integra calipers. If anyone can supply me the measurements of the first 3 parts I would be very grateful. I need to know rotor offset (face to face, don't care which ones as long as I get the same on both rotors), I will probably have to measure the bracket myself.

I think on the Integra the bracket is integral to the caliper, so on most good remans you get the whole thing, so that makes acquiring parts a little easier. In my case I will need to get the whole rear trailing arm assembly so I can make a measurement to the caliper mount. So the SE-I rotors will be the only thing that I won't have, provided that I even need them, they aren't expensive either. It just started to get hellishly cold, so hopefully there is a decent enough day to go to the parts yard soon.
    Legend master got pretty close to something years ago you might be able to jump of on what he was doing.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/project-...ge-thread.html

I also use Brian at WWW.Fastbrakes.com.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

He just used the SE-I/Legend parts didn't he? That's not a common setup, that's really what I'm avoiding. I don't see any pictures of his setup anyway and I couldn't wayback it that far.

I think I need to get all the parts before I contact Fastbrakes, but he can probably take care of the final product, I won't make much money on selling kits.

I would like to add, if anyone has pictures of the SE-I spindle that would help
    Last edited by ShiRen; 10-27-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

No using the drum brake arm is a great idea. Every one has that. Appeal to the masses.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/5499...er-pics-3.html

on post 40 of this link is a chart that someone did on H+T of all places thats really pretty good might help you out a little.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/suspensi...tml#post711626

heres the second part on the rear brake post. Most of the pictures work for me.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I've seen that chart, I used it to narrow down my parts selection

I am not sure what he is doing with no pics, but I don't really want to use Legend parts, theyre friggin hard to find.

I haven't looked into this recently, my car is still on jacks with no rear suspension bushings. Long story but DST murdered my motivation to wrench.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Yeah I agree the Legend stuff would be obsolete by now.

Odd I see all the pictures in his posts there must be 30 of them and very large.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Thats odd... I do at least want to see the pictures lol

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I believe I am getting some integra parts tonight, but something I would like to mention is that integra rotors and SE-I rotors ARE THE SAME. I didnt notice that before, but that means integra calipers are perfect for this swap and opens up a lot of aftermarket. Since SE-I knuckles are unobtainium, all the work that needs to be done is a template for a bracket to bolt onto the drum knuckles, I'm really hoping that this can be done with some steel and a saw and we just have to cut out a basic shape and at worst add some washers to correct spacing.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Now running E85.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

https://motoiq.com/project-honda-civ...version-kit/2/

No sure if this is the same kit but the pictures are pretty.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Thing is, I have no idea if the civic brackets will fit in the space available for the accord. I should have taken a picture, but the face that the drum bolts to was too far offset to bolt a caliper to. Solution is just to weld a bracket on the knuckle. Hope I can get back to working on it over spring break.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

He might sell you the brackets or call and ask him anyone has tried it.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Like I said, there isn't space to mount a bracket from the face that the drum mounts to. The bracket is easy enough to make if you're just welding it to the knuckle, I have the steel.