Thread: Door panel repair / some aftermarket options questions

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

Door panel repair / some aftermarket options questions

So when I got the car it had some 5% tint on the windows and I took the door apart to get the window out. I expected the clips to break and all that but what I didn't expect was the plastic frame of the panel to be a crumbling mess. It's the part right above the handle that broke and I havent found any luck finding a new panel. If you have one that's black and brown I need the drivers side panel (coupe if it's different from sedan). Do I have any options repairing it myself? I thought about gluing a plastic/cardboard piece in there but I don't know how to get the right shape. Also are there any aftermarket seat brackets? Found plenty for civics of course but I didn't know if they had the same bolt pattern. On a side note any steering wheel adapters that don't cost an arm and a leg? I've only found them for about $300+ and that seems like way too much, might just keep the stock wheel. Thanks in advance

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: Door panel repair / some aftermarket options questions

I would just get whatever color you can get for now... The bottom part of the door panel can be done however you want, super easy to wrap that in new cloth or turn it into an aluminum plate, but the rest I'm not sure what the best option is. You can get wrap in similar colors and textures to the dash it would probably work well if you are good at wrapping... or trial and error. Things like the arm rest are the things I dont want to think about.