Thread: Finally got a Honda

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Finally got a Honda

Finally got my hands on my own Honda.
    Wife texted me at work to say a 1989 Accord LXi coupe showed up on the local craigslist for $600 in running condition.
    Had to leave work early to snatch that one up. Nice to be the first one to show up with cash for a change. By the time I got there he already had 26 people interested in it!
    Very thankful he did not allow it to become a bidding war.
    Fresh fluids, belts and tires and now it's my daily driver.
    Given the pipeline hack and resulting gas shortages this week it was good to be driving this one now.

I'm not interested in major mods. This is my daily driver for my 40 mile commute to work.
    Given that my route is a nice combination of country road twisties, small town slomo through speed trap and 75+ mph highway driving my main concerns are good handling, good gas mileage and decent power for passing and hill climbing.
    Overall I've been happy with the performance of this particular Honda, especially given its age and the fact that it seems to be bone stock.
    are we having fun yet?
    Jamnar in Virginia

1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.3, 320k
    waiting for resurrection:
    1989 Honda Accord LXi 2.0, automatic 199k
    2000 Saturn SW2 1.9 DOHC, TAAT MP7, 278k
    1991 Geo Metro
    1985 Ford F250

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Finally got a Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Jamnar_V View Post
    Wife texted me at work to say a 1989 Accord LXi coupe showed up on the local craigslist for $600 in running condition.
    Had to leave work early to snatch that one up. Nice to be the first one to show up with cash for a change. By the time I got there he already had 26 people interested in it!
    Given the pipeline hack and resulting gas shortages this week it was good to be driving this one now.

I'm not interested in major mods. This is my daily driver for my 40 mile commute to work.
    Given that my route is a nice combination of country road twisties, small town slomo through speed trap and 75+ mph highway driving my main concerns are good handling, good gas mileage and decent power for passing and hill climbing.
    Overall I've been happy with the performance of this particular Honda, especially given its age and the fact that it seems to be bone stock.
    Welcome to the forums!

Great price on a great car!
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Glad you got it. Welcome to the board!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1990 Honda Accord

Hi Jamnar
    My congratulations on your buying a great and reliable car. I am myself the owner of an Accord which is about the same age as of your car I am sure you will be satisfied with it as much as I am with mine.
    Last edited by Bobby Schmidt; 07-01-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

congrats!

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord

Welcome and congrats! Enjoy the mod projects