Thread: New carburator

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord DX

Question New carburator

Hey guys I was wondering other than the Weber carb that everyone seems to use what other carburators would be a good fit for the car my brother in law (and mechanic) was saying he won't let me use the Weber one as he has had nothing but issues with the company in the past and I need a new carburator badly as mine is on its last leg I would prefer to get one with mechanical secondaries that will still let me delete most of the vaccum lines any help would be appreciated. I have a 1987 Honda Accord dx

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: New carburator

Lmao... He is the only person with beef with Weber then. Its as simple as buy a kit and put it on, you don't really need to deal with them at all. That is the only option for aftermarket carbs... you can find the same carb under a Holley name that came on some domestics way back when, I can try to find the model, but its still a Weber carb and you are better off buying a new Weber. You can convert to bike carbs, but that will be pretty involved, if you do, I strongly recommend Keihin fcr slides. If you want to get some more performance out of your stock carb then you can look here: Full vacuum delete pictures I doubt your carb is really in that bad of condition... get it ultrasoniced and find the correct rebuild kit, tighten the venturis, replace the needle and seat orings, make sure your distributor vacuum advance is working good, seal any vacuum leaks, unlpug the carb heater, loop the coolant lines on the intake manifold, cut the side off your air cleaner. Dude, I cracked mine and it ran fine lol. Also, I just made a rebuild thread: https://www.3geez.com/forum/carburet...ml#post1223619

Edit: The Holley is a Weber DGV design, named the 5200 series. They came in 26/27, 23/27, and 23/29 sizes... Pretty small. Here is a little info: Tech Wiki - Weber 32/36 Carburetor : Datsun 1200 Club
    5200 was used on:
    * All Ford 2.3 liter carbureted engines
    * USA models with 2.8 V6 carbureted engines
    * Ford Pinto/Mercury Bobcat 2.0 and 2.3
    * Mercury Capri German-made Capri circa 1974
    * Mustang II (1974-1978)
    * Fox-body Fords (1978-1986):
    ** Mustang/Capri, Fairmont/Zephyr, LTD/Marquis, Granada, Thunderbird
    * 1979-1982 Ford Courier pickup 2-liter engine (Isuzu truck)

5210 was used on
    * 1973-1977 Chevrolet Vega
    * 1977 Pontiac Astre
    * Pontiac "Iron Duke"
    * Chevette
    * 2-liter Audi engine (Porsche 924 engine) in the AMC Gremlin

5220 variation of 5210 was used on:
    * Dodge Omni and its twin Plymouth Horizon 1.7 liter Volkswagen engine in the
    * Chrysler 1.7, 1.6 & 2.2 engines
    Again, I strongly recommend a Weber. Tell your brother to pull the stick out of his ass and let you run a nice, powerful, carburetor.
    Last edited by ShiRen; 06-04-2021 at 06:07 AM.