Thread: weber conversion - loose ends

Vehicle
    1983 Accord EK1 1.8

weber conversion - loose ends

Just finished installed a 32/36 and have a few questions.

1. Universal instructions from weber said to disconnect the choke wire and put a female end on it - Is the choke wire the 2 wire set of white w/ blue stripe and solid red? Which wire do I use? The weber choke only has space for one connection. I also see a solid yellow single wire?

2. The weber only has one available vacuum port - for use with distributor. Can I tee off that and reconnect the two AC vac lines and the dizzy and the cruise? Are all three of those devices looking for the same vacuum type? I mean, I assume some vacuum devices need suction, others need a lack of suction? Is that right? My other idea is that since the AC worked fine before, I could reinstall the black box and if I can isolate the vac pump/solenoid that originally supplied the AC system with the help of the service manual, then I could just reuse that, right? Or did the black box have nothing to do with the AC? Id rather reuse the black box in a limited fashion, and plug that gaping hole in my firewall....

3. What does everyone do with the large diameter "hot air" hose that used to connect to the air cleaner, rising up from behind the intake/engine on passenger side of intake? Does that blow hot exhaust out? I know the hose itself can be taken off, but what to do with the alum pipe its connected to?

4. There is an assembly, I believe the manual is calling it the "air suction valve" that connects from an aluminum pipe (air suction tube?) coming from firewall side of the engine area (intake?). Im fine with leaving it in place, except it interferes with the return throttle spring travel from the carb. I can see no other place to secure that spring, but when I remove the above assembly, its essentially an open exhaust port! If you remove this assembly, how did you plug the open up-facing port? pic below
    Last edited by 83accord; 08-09-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    1983 Accord EK1 in blue

Vehicle
    1983 Accord EK1 1.8

Re: weber conversion - loose ends

apparently hosting a pic on google drive and inserting the link doesnt work for posting up pics here....can I upload the pic to the forum?
    1983 Accord EK1 in blue

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: weber conversion - loose ends

1. One wire is a ground, the weber probably only needs a 12v.
    2. Tee off the vacuum from the manifold. (I hope Im not talking out my ass, I am just assuming there is on on a 2g)
    3. Toss it
    4. Make a block off plate.

Check out these threads maybe
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthre...elete-pictures
    http://www.datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/?title=DGV