Thread: The two thermosensors

DX User

The two thermosensors

Hey there, you know how some of our cars have not one, but two thermosensors checking coolant temperature? A green one and a cream one? Well, both of mine broke.
    I managed to find replacement pigtails online, thankfully, but unfortunately, they are slightly different from eachother
    With the plug facing you and the clip on top, one has a notch on the lower left and one has a notch on the lower right.
    I think the lower left one is the odd ball, cause I can only find ones with the lower right notch online.
    Does anyone know what this is or what it does? Maybe that will help my search.

It's an 86 Accord LXi automatic. I have the repair manual and can't find a mention of the second one.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R

Re: The two thermosensors

You could always trim the notch off the one you can't find, just don't mix them up

DX User

Yeah I was thinking that. It probably is the same mechanics, just as long as the same wires are connected. I'm still curious what the difference between them is. Does one happen to deal with cold start settings? Cause that started to be a problem after I noticed one was broken.

Vehicle

I would have to see which ones they are before I can tell you from the manual, I don't have an efi car

Vehicle
    88 LXi

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthre...-Clarification

This might help you but Im sure the 86 fuel injection has some different sensors than all the latter year cars.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord

Vehicle

If its the white cooling fans plug that one is on every car, you can go to a parts yard and find it on a lot of hondas. On the earlier carbed cars the sensor is in the bottom of the radiator