Thread: 1987 Honda Accord LXI Hatchback 5 Speed Manual $5,900

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

1987 Honda Accord LXI Hatchback 5 Speed Manual $5,900

5-Speed Manual Transmission Hatchback. 167,000 miles. Zero rust anywhere. No Accidents. Perfect Carfax. Southern car that never saw salt. I shipped it up here to the Chicagoland area from North Carolina to re-teach my wife how to drive stick shift - I never drove it in the winter. She drove a 1980s Accord Hatchback stick shift in college and wanted to brush up on her skills before she drove my other car that is stick (my other Honda scares her) so me being the Honda fan I had to find a perfect rust free example. We are a Honda Family (I own 5 hondas) and I treasure all my Hondas, but we are ready to let this one go.

This is an original survivor with original paint and no rust. Just about everything works including the pop up lights, and even the hatchback wiper! I even have (not pictured) the original foldable Honda hatch cover to hide what you have inside the hatch.
    Clutch feels brand new and bites right off the bottom.
    Shifting is very smooth and precise.
    A/C is ice cold.
    Brakes, suspension, tires, A/C recently updated.
    Brand new tires.
    Drives straight and the engine is tight and strong and smooth revving. There is an aftermarket radio installed but the guy who sold me the car included a period correct Honda Radio. He said he could not confirm if it was the original radio to this exact car or not though.
    Condition: Very original. It is in perfect running and driving condition. It is not a show car, it is a 35 year old car in good condition, but not a show car. The interior is all original but a little thread bare on the edges of the seats. On the passenger seat the seam is split a little bit.

Only known issues:
    Glove box latch is broken, hanging open for now. I bought a magnet kit to try and fix and have not done anything yet. Cruise control not working. Could be a solenoid, but I have not tried to fix it yet. Cold idle is not working correctly When you first start the car you need to keep the A/C on because that kicks up the idle. Once warm all is fine and you can shut the A/C off if you want, that is why I think it is the cold air idle control valve, but I haven't looked to fix that yet since we drove it during the summer and always had the air running.

NOTE: As I was crawling under the car to take pictures I noticed a couple items.
    #1: Passenger side CV boot is torn.
    #2: Some wet looking oil on bottom of passenger side of engine. Must be a minor leak as I check the oil every time we drive it and I'm not loosing or burning anything.
    #3: Finally, the locking tab on the inside of one of the doors is broken. You can lock the door with a key but the manual tab on the inside of the door is cracked.
    That's it for the known issues. It can be a daily driver if you want or fully restore it to showroom condition as it's a perfect candidate with the solid body.

Last edited by JRG; 11-07-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: 1987 Honda Accord LXI Hatchback 5 Speed Manual $5,900

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiccccccssssss?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiccccccssssss?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
    I would love to. Trying to figure out how to post pics. Right now I can't see a way to post pictures, but I'm trying.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by JRG View Post
    I would love to. Trying to figure out how to post pics. Right now I can't see a way to post pictures, but I'm trying.
    I am not able to upload pictures to my post, but I uploaded them to this site...

https://jrg847.imgbb.com/?list=image...r&seek=KjVmTk0

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback

Hmm. It looks pretty good, though not really 6 grand good, to me. I mean my car has all the parts and a few dings and I paid $800. What's the mileage?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

I added the miles.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Is 800 your counter offer? If you are interested in the car make them an offer, handle it in PM, it can be recieved like something else otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnai View Post
    Hmm. It looks pretty good, though not really 6 grand good, to me. I mean my car has all the parts and a few dings and I paid $800. What's the mileage?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXI

Thank you. It's sold.