Thread: Fuel leak from top fuel screw.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX Hatch

Fuel leak from top fuel screw.

Hey all, I'm having a problem with my top fuel screw. Its leaking buttloads of fuel. I've tried changing where it sits and it just keeps leaking the same amount. never really feels tight no matter which way i turn it unless its fully up. Is there a way to replace it? i even bought a carb from the junkyard so I had a replacement if I could find a way to replace it. I backed the junkyard one out and used it's amount of turns to retighten the screw on the carb on the car. any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by Puncake; 03-14-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: Fuel leak from top fuel screw.

Yes, that is a common failure. You need to take the screw out and replace the orings. No amount of changing or moving the screw will help, theyre all 35 years old and flattened. I wish I knew what size they are off the top of my head, most of the off the shelf ones that I have found are too thick, but if you find one that is really close then you can sand down the outside until it fits. You can also find the diameter and a close thickness then order the next 1 or 2 thickness down from here https://www.mcmaster.com/o-rings/oil...a-n-o-rings-8/