Thread: Wanted: SEI Prop Valve

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 & 1988 DX hatchbacks

Wanted: SEI Prop Valve

Hey all, I am gathering the bits and pieces to do a rear disc break conversion and trying to find a proportion valve through car-part or locally hasn't been possible. I know there are some SEi's that haven't been crushed yet, if anyone finds one I would be happy to pay a fair price for one.

Thank you!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Re: Wanted: SEI Prop Valve

Dang, even LX-i's are getting scarce. Your best bet is the Wilwood valve. Failing that, get good at watching the junkyard inventories, and be willing to drive a long way to get what you need. I drove 16 hrs to get my trans. Even then, you could end up with a valve that leaks everywhere like I did. If the valve is all you need, then run the Wilwood, unless you're a real hardcore numbers-matching guy.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Do any late model integras or preludes have one? It might have to be pre obd2 and non abs.
    If you have all the other parts for a disk swap I would not hold out for a prop valve, the stock one will work well enough, and this style valve is notorious for being hard to find and unreliable.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 & 1988 DX hatchbacks

Unfortunately the SEi parts that I had ordered got canceled, as the junk yard had already crushed the car, but didn't update their online inventory. I live in Billings Montana so our options for parts is not exactly great for imports or Hondas. If anyone lives near a big city with junk yards or finds anything let me know. I would still like to do the full conversion (or with the Wilwood valve) but it sounds like I might be stuck with drums. Thanks for the advice guys

I ran mine for years on the LX valve, maybe not optimal, but it worked fine.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I wanted to mention that when it comes to improving our braking performance at this point, the best course of action would be to drive the car over to Wilwood (it's maybe 4 hours from my house) and ask them to see what they can do for us. They can look at the car and make recommendations from what they already have, or custom engineer something for us (most likely nothing more than a custom bracket or 2). They make a lot of other Honda/Acura stuff, so there's at least a snowball's chance that something will simply bolt on. It's on my "someday" to-do list to go see them.

When you consider the age and scarcity of OE Honda parts, it really doesn't make any sense (to me) to spend a lot of effort on them. Wilwood is a great company, and not likely to leave their customers high and dry on parts like Honda does. The only Honda brake parts I'd go out of my way to get are the SE-i knuckles. That way you have the rear caliper mounting holes to mount something else onto. Without them, you have to do some custom work to the non-SE-i knuckles to get rear discs, which isn't impossible, but still a drag.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Dr_Snooz; 04-09-2022 at 04:25 AM.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW