Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

  1. #1
    DX User
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Posts
    52

    Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    I really really want these wheels but im not sure they will fit. I know the diameter is decent but the width is where it could go wrong. I tried looking a bit in other forums, but I didnt really see a max for width. Figment industries for my 1987 honda accord lx says that the front can take 7 and the back can take 7.5. I am definitely pushing it, but I have no idea and I really want them.

    These are the wheels:
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...spension=Stock



  2. #2

    conozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 235,000 Miles, Daily Driver
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Do you know what size and kind of tire you would get.

    1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

  3. #3

    ShiRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    961

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    I think they should, I have a set of 16x6.5(?)+30 with 195/45r16s, Im lowered and I have ample clearance, and I have a set of 15x8+32 that I am going to mount 225/45r15s on. I haven't seen any issues with the 15x8s test fitting them, but a 225/45r15 is probably the fattest tire you can fit on these cars. 225/45r15 is the standard tire for a track set up on a crx or something. Anyway, worst comes to worst you will just need a 5mm or 10mm spacer and maybe some extra front camber which will require prelude upper control arms. I currently have the spacers, control arms, and a guard roller, so I am prepared to fit my big tires, I am sure you can fit these on your car, but I suggest you be prepared as well.

    Here is some of my posts with my setup:
    stock height
    lowered
    15x8 test fit

  4. #4
    DX User
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Posts
    52

    Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    Do you know what size and kind of tire you would get.
    I looked last night and it would most likely be a 195/45R17


    Thanks so much ShiRen, actually super helpful.

  5. #5

    ShiRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    961

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    I hope you mean 195/45r15... That size will work, but I don't think it really exists... a 195/50r15 is more realistic and about the right diameter. You need a 23" tall tire. 195 is a bit stretched on a 7.5" wheel though, 225 is about right.
    If you mean you have a 17" wheel and not a 15" then good luck...

  6. #6
    DX User
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Posts
    52

    Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    I hope you mean 195/45r15... That size will work, but I don't think it really exists... a 195/50r15 is more realistic and about the right diameter. You need a 23" tall tire. 195 is a bit stretched on a 7.5" wheel though, 225 is about right.
    If you mean you have a 17" wheel and not a 15" then good luck...
    lmao, ya sorry I meant the 15s

    Edit: Sorry, wrong numbers again. I actually did want the 50 aspect ratio too.

    This is what im looking at:
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...p-ii-195-50r15
    Last edited by asianwills; 04-22-2022 at 05:28 AM.

  7. #7

    ShiRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    961

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Thats alright, I would suggest a 205/50 for less stretch
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...t-2-205-50r15?
    Not a suggestion on the tire, you will have to decide that, not that I see a problem with these, but they are not all seasons like what you chose.

  8. #8
    DX User
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Posts
    52

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    Thats alright, I would suggest a 205/50 for less stretch
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...t-2-205-50r15?
    Not a suggestion on the tire, you will have to decide that, not that I see a problem with these, but they are not all seasons like what you chose.
    Those look really good actually, cheaper than the other ones too. They are also performance and wider, which is also good.
    What do you mean by stretch though, is there something I should watch out for to stop stretch.

  9. #9

    ShiRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    961

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    stretch is how much wider the wheel is than the tire, it stretches the sidewall. 205 is a bit more like you see on normal cars. Look up stretched tires, its pretty obvious, not that a 195 is as stretched as what you will see. Its not good on the tire, but its partly done as a style thing, but also sometimes it might be necessary to stretch the sidewall a little bit like a 195 on a 7.5" wheel, for better fitment, but at that point why even get wide wheels that are probably heavier than a wheel that fits. If you aren't lowered I doubt you will need a stretched tire or extra camber.

  10. #10
    DX User
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Posts
    52

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    but at that point why even get wide wheels that are probably heavier than a wheel that fits.
    Truuuueeee.
    I agree than, that tire would be a lot better. I also was purposely looking for tires that dont have the sidewall stretched in, which sounds like you said is a stretched tire. And this one looks like itll fix that a bit more, cause I want the sidewall to be pretty vertical according to the wheel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    ShiRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX / 18 Civic Type R
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    961

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Yes, the sidewall will be pretty much vertical, you can see it in the pictures on their site

  12. #12


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,983

    Re: Do you think 15x7.5 +35s will fit? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by asianwills View Post
    I really really want these wheels but im not sure they will fit. I know the diameter is decent but the width is where it could go wrong. I tried looking a bit in other forums, but I didnt really see a max for width. Figment industries for my 1987 honda accord lx says that the front can take 7 and the back can take 7.5. I am definitely pushing it, but I have no idea and I really want them.

    These are the wheels:
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...spension=Stock
    I think the +35 would be fine with 7.5 rim.

    205/50/15 is pretty much the default tire on the 15" rim. There 25 choices on tire rack in that size.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

    Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Similar Threads

  1. I cant find my throttle body lmao.
    By YoungSlothh in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2018, 12:43 PM
  2. 15x7 tire stretching?
    By khontra in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
  3. Lmao!! My Car Rocks Lol!!
    By adams86lxi in forum Classic Honda Community Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
  4. LMAO Check this out!
    By HostileJava in forum Classic Honda Pics & Videos
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 01:43 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
VigLink badge