Thread: Aftermarket parts tip

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Aftermarket parts tip

So I doubt anyone will have this exact issue, but the sway bar end links I am going to modify are quite a bear even on a stock setup.
    My problem: I installed civic/integra inner+outer tie rods and now the tie rod will foul on the sway bar end link. It probably isn't even a problem because it happens at full lock at full droop, but I don't like anything interfering with the steering motion, so I am going to fix it anyway.

The sway bar end links in question are the Prothane 8-401, and the bolt is barely long enough to get through the bushings. If they aren't lined up perfectly, which is impossible without the car sitting on it's wheels, it's a huge fight to get the nut on it.

The simple solution is to just cut the top bushing. I used PVC cutters and took off about 4-5mm. Super easy to get the nut on and it can't touch my tie rod now!

Side note about the tie rods: nobody else has tested these, so use with caution, but there are aftermarket/race parts available for the civic/integra and not the accord, that's why I did the conversion. The thread in the rack is the same, but about a quarter inch needs to be taken off the outside threads to get enough toe out.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Re: Aftermarket parts tip

Looks good, pretty easy fix there.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I