Thread: Long time no see fellas!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Long time no see fellas!

It has been a very long time since I've been on here. I was just searching for pictures of my old 89 Accord LX to show my now 13 year old son that likes watching the Intial D show. I was like you shoukd see my 1st car and what I did to her. I shouldn't have sold it and would gladly pay double now to get it back if I could find it. My wife wanted more reliable/safer transportation for our baby at the time. Now I actually have adult stupid money to blow on cool stuff. Anyways how many of the original members are still active on here? A20A1 you still here dude? I remember back in the day driving from MN to Niagara Falls and into Canada for a car meet. Seemed silly at the time but that was a blast and made some great memories with my wife out there. It was either in 2002 or 2003 crap I'm getting old. Also is there anyway to find old pictures that were posted on here to show my two boys? They're almost 12 and 13 years old now. They've occasionally helped me wrench on cars since they were just over a year old. Anyways I'm still in MN working for the City and also a Firefighter. I still have my original 3GEEZ stickers on my tool box at home with my username on them. 😀

-Mike Wetzel

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Long time no see fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX View Post
    It has been a very long time since I've been on here. I was just searching for pictures of my old 89 Accord LX to show my now 13 year old son that likes watching the Intial D show. I was like you shoukd see my 1st car and what I did to her. I shouldn't have sold it and would gladly pay double now to get it back if I could find it. My wife wanted more reliable/safer transportation for our baby at the time. Now I actually have adult stupid money to blow on cool stuff. Anyways how many of the original members are still active on here? A20A1 you still here dude? I remember back in the day driving from MN to Niagara Falls and into Canada for a car meet. Seemed silly at the time but that was a blast and made some great memories with my wife out there. It was either in 2002 or 2003 crap I'm getting old. Also is there anyway to find old pictures that were posted on here to show my two boys? They're almost 12 and 13 years old now. They've occasionally helped me wrench on cars since they were just over a year old. Anyways I'm still in MN working for the City and also a Firefighter. I still have my original 3GEEZ stickers on my tool box at home with my username on them. 😀

-Mike Wetzel
    Hey i sure do remember you. I think you have a website with brochures still up maybe?
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle

The only thing I keep finding is links to a cardomain page that no longer exists. I'm not sure if I have any pictures anywhere else since that was before Facebook time and stuff lol. I did email the DMV to look up previously registered vehicles for me to try and locate the old girl. Hopefully it didn't get junked/crushed. However I'm not sure I'm accurate on some of the prices for some of these old 3geez. It may appear that they went way up in value even more than what I originally bought it for.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX View Post
    The only thing I keep finding is links to a cardomain page that no longer exists. I'm not sure if I have any pictures anywhere else since that was before Facebook time and stuff lol. I did email the DMV to look up previously registered vehicles for me to try and locate the old girl. Hopefully it didn't get junked/crushed. However I'm not sure I'm accurate on some of the prices for some of these old 3geez. It may appear that they went way up in value even more than what I originally bought it for.
    I got links to cars sold in the for sale page parts below.

Ole Japanese cars are pretty big demand now and the prices reflect it.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx

I just randomly signed on for the first time in years. Fond memories of this message board !

Hard to believe it was over 20 years ago that I signed up. I remember you !
    Last edited by Neuspeed87lx; 08-24-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Jay

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Thanks for stopping by.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle

Neuspeed87lx I remember you too! Lol

So, an update I was able to find the VIN # for my old 89 Accord. It doesn't appear to be junked and the latest title history is from when I sold it back in 2005. Does anyone know how you can find the current owners information so I can contact them? I'll did through any records I may have but some may have gotten lost or tossed when we moved into our new home. I'd prefer to get my old car back. But I'm not opposed to buying a hatchback. I just figure that all my old mods are probably still there vs starting completely over... Any advice or am I dreaming on being able to locate it?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

That would be hard to find your old car again. The BMV would have this information but i can't see them giving it out. This website claims to do it for $16 https://www.beenverified.com

You can try any website you type in your vin for info to figure out where it is in general and maybe drive around. https://www.nicb.org/vincheck www.carfax.com

If you do find it like at an apartment complex or someplace the owner is not obvious, there are website to pay a small fee to lookup the license plate number and you get the owners info and all, i know this is a legitimate thing.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Banned
    Vehicle
    Saab 9000

Thanks for sharing

Vehicle

I did just buy a 1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback in September. So, I'll be sticking around for a long time. If my wife doesn't kill me I might even buy another if I find a decent deal on one. It helps that my kid's like the car and we'll have fun turning it into the Panda car .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mike's89AccordLX; 10-31-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Looks like a good one!
    Now running E85.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)