Thread: CAI and Strut Bars question.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Strut Bars question.

Ok I can't recall from the early 2000s and I'm getting older. Lol. I did try and search and most of what I was looking for was dead links or not

Strut bars, I also can't recall or find which Honda Civic strut bars worked with some slight modifications to the brackets. I'd like a front and a rear strut bar for my 87 Hatchback. I want to say it was like a 95 Civic but I'd prefer not to just start buying things without knowing for sure. I think a 90-93 Accord worked with cutting and rewelding the bracket. But does anyone know for sure which car will work for the rear strut bar?

I'm not looking for an engine swap right now since I have two motors and transmissions at my house. That and my wife would kill me if I dropped $3-5k on a motor swap for a car she doesn't like as much as my kids and myself do.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike's89AccordLX; 10-19-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: CAI and Strut Bars question.

These are not parts that are guaranteed to fit just based on the model... Nothing will be a direct fit. However, I do know 4th gen accords share the same strut top hats.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother, difference will be negligible.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Strut Bars question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX View Post
    Ok I can't recall from the early 2000s and I'm getting older. Lol. I did try and search and most of what I was looking for was dead links or not

Strut bars, I also can't recall or find which Honda Civic strut bars worked with some slight modifications to the brackets. I'd like a front and a rear strut bar for my 87 Hatchback. I want to say it was like a 95 Civic but I'd prefer not to just start buying things without knowing for sure. I think a 90-93 Accord worked with cutting and rewelding the bracket. But does anyone know for sure which car will work for the rear strut bar?

I'm not looking for an engine swap right now since I have two motors and transmissions at my house. That and my wife would kill me if I dropped $3-5k on a motor swap for a car she doesn't like as much as my kids and myself do.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    I remember the "justin bar" goober welded and a mighty fine price to boot. That would be an old school 3geez part to have today being 2022.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!