Thread: B16 ITM swap with an Automatic Transmission Question

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

B16 ITM swap with an Automatic Transmission Question

I'm looking at doing the OBD1 Conversion and swapping in a B16 Intake Manifold. Has anyone done this successfully with an automatic transmission? I heard the shift down cable might be tricky with the b16 manifold/TB. And even though I preferred a 5 speed I settled because the car was really clean and a hatchback. I don't really want to do a 5 speed swap since I hear good manual transmissions are hard to find for the 3geez. And I don't want my wife to kill me for doing a huge project. I already have a spare motor and auto tranny at my house. My reasons for the swap are mainly for being able to tune certain things out and removing a dumb black box. I'm not ready for a motor and trans swap yet. Maybe someday if my kids or I destroy the motors and transmissions I have already. Thanks!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Re: B16 ITM swap with an Automatic Transmission Question

B16 manifold right here on ebay, no throttle body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22522006576...WJH_nGz6OVJy7c

I dont know anything about the cable question, sorry.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

OH! I KNOW! I KNOW!
    I think

Did this a while back comparing a lot of intake gaskets... Surely there was an integra or crv with the kickdown cable because if you look here:

The b16 also take the Felpro 61067 gasket, and I believe it is interchangeable with the automatic h22/h23/b18/b20 60973/60979 gasket aside from maybe a small bore difference. But all the things that matter, bolt holes, iacv holes, line up. So maybe you can find a b series auto trans throttle body. I do not suggest connecting coolant too it though. Also, the crv might be the only one with a bore difference.

Are you positive it has a kickback though? Sorry, cant think of an auto throttle body off the top of my head... I have neither an auto or fuel injection

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX View Post
    I'm looking at doing the OBD1 Conversion and swapping in a B16 Intake Manifold. Has anyone done this successfully with an automatic transmission? I heard the shift down cable might be tricky with the b16 manifold/TB. And even though I preferred a 5 speed I settled because the car was really clean and a hatchback. I don't really want to do a 5 speed swap since I hear good manual transmissions are hard to find for the 3geez. And I don't want my wife to kill me for doing a huge project. I already have a spare motor and auto tranny at my house. My reasons for the swap are mainly for being able to tune certain things out and removing a dumb black box. I'm not ready for a motor and trans swap yet. Maybe someday if my kids or I destroy the motors and transmissions I have already. Thanks!
    Recently ran into something like this what you'll need to find is a throttle body bracket for the newer throttle body for the kickdown cable. Or fabricate your own little bracket. We ran into this problem and the guy decide to go ahead and do the five-speed swap