Thread: Failed obd1 swap

DX User
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord 1986 LX-i Hatchback

Failed obd1 swap

Converted my car to obd1 about two months ago. B series obd1 dizzy, wiring and harness and dizzy with plate from a good seller, chip and ecu from ha motorsports and burton racing. Complete vacuum delete, stock intake, egr delete, etc. It ran SUPER rough, then got no spark, then it ran again after getting a new distributor, then stopped. Messed with timing, car is in time, found a burnt spot in my ecu. Got a used ecu for testing purposes, got spark back but once again no start. I have had the hardest time with this swap and really missed driving my accord so I actually went back to obd0, threw the old dizzy and coil in, did the dizzy advance lines and obd0 map sensor, not sure what else i need to put back on for it to even start at this point im at a loss with this crank no start. If anyone suggests anything or has any ideas / leads it would be greatly appreciated i dont think it shouldve been so difficult. Did so much diagnosing im bout ready to just pull the whole motor out and b swap.

EDIT: https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthre...21#post1226021 other post about the swap.
    Last edited by Oldblueaccord; 05-12-2023 at 08:41 AM. Reason: adding in link to other thread

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: Failed obd1 swap

Idk what comes on your harness, but I know for a fact b series harnesses have a plug that is the same on a coolant sensor and one for the intake and it will burn the ecu like that. Iirc it's a big ass diode, I could look at your ecu and confirm.

I've had to replace one in the past... However I have no clue if that was an OBD1 or OBD2 car, it was not mine and I don't remember. I want to say OBD2, so this might not even be relevant to you, but if you are burning ecus something is probably shorted or plugged in wrong. I suggest only plugging in the necessary things to the ecu, even if it makes it run in open loop

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: Failed obd1 swap

Quote Originally Posted by jayyxi View Post
    Converted my car to obd1 about two months ago. B series obd1 dizzy, wiring and harness and dizzy with plate from a good seller, chip and ecu from ha motorsports and burton racing. Complete vacuum delete, stock intake, egr delete, etc. It ran SUPER rough, then got no spark, then it ran again after getting a new distributor, then stopped. Messed with timing, car is in time, found a burnt spot in my ecu. Got a used ecu for testing purposes, got spark back but once again no start. I have had the hardest time with this swap and really missed driving my accord so I actually went back to obd0, threw the old dizzy and coil in, did the dizzy advance lines and obd0 map sensor, not sure what else i need to put back on for it to even start at this point im at a loss with this crank no start. If anyone suggests anything or has any ideas / leads it would be greatly appreciated i dont think it shouldve been so difficult. Did so much diagnosing im bout ready to just pull the whole motor out and b swap.

EDIT: https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthre...21#post1226021 other post about the swap.

I would also double check the mechanical condition of the engine. Do a compression check make sure you didnt bend a valve when the timing belt slipped.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!