Thread: Re: Welcome to 3geez!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lxi

Re: Welcome to 3geez!

sup im jeff i got a 87 accord for FREE bc i was looking for a car asked a guy if i could buy it OR clean up his yard for it Free is an understatement
    im still not DONE! haha well whatever

looking for upgrades for the a 20 like cam and headers and i need info on how to get rid of all those damn hoses
    i know most info on moding cars just dont know alot about whats needed whats not trying to make the car light and quick

might also mention 5 speed lxi a20 efi 400000 miles still alive

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Hi welcome to the forum. I moved your post to your own thread.

You can search black box delete. That will get you started on vacuum line removal. Just to warn you this car fuel injection was very well done for the 80's.

I would get it running before I would modify it to much and I guess make sure the car will pass state inspection.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX, A20A1 4SPD H4F4 AT

Yeah if it's got a rat's nest under the hood and a roundish rectangular aircleaner, it's not PGM-FI. It's a carb. And not just a regular old mechanical kind of carb, chief - it's an electronic feedback carb. Your first thoughts with a car this old shouldn't be what SIKKKK MAWDZ to do with it, it should be fixing it up/fixing what is broke. SIKKKK MAWDZ and no maintenance is one of the many variables that lead to cars this old ending up sitting hoisted up on old wheels in a PnP yard.
    Last edited by RI86DX; 07-03-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Quote Originally Posted by RI86DX View Post
    Yeah if it's got a rat's nest under the hood and a roundish rectangular aircleaner, it's not PGM-FI. It's a carb. And not just a regular old mechanical kind of carb, chief - it's an electronic feedback carb. Your first thoughts with a car this old shouldn't be what SIKKKK MAWDZ to do with it, it should be fixing it up/fixing what is broke. SIKKKK MAWDZ and no maintenance is one of the many variables that lead to cars this old ending up sitting hoisted up on old wheels in a PnP yard.
    Brother, what the fuck are you talking about?

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX, A20A1 4SPD H4F4 AT

Fuck, I fumbled that one, I guess. Here goes......
    To me it sounds like what he picked up is actually an LX trim level, not an LXI. He said there's a shit ton of vacuum hoses in the engine bay which lines up with it being a carb. FI ones don't have nearly as many vac lines/hoses as the carb ones. I'm trying to advise him to look into fixing what is broke on the car before looking into mods, as well as figuring out the inner workings of the carb because it's an electronic feedback carb, not just a regular mechanical carb like something from the 60's-early 70's would have.
    Last edited by RI86DX; 07-05-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

He said its an LXI.........

I wouldnt remove vacuum lines. Get it running properly. At this stage, Maintenance=Upgrades

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Yeah my car would not be in running order if maintenance≠upgrades, and that includes a vacuum delete in the carburetor, which just sacrifices some smoothness for power and reliability. But I think an LXI needs most of those vacuum lines to keep the glorified pong machine running the fuel injection in check