Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Get 160hp Out Of My Stock Carb Accord

1988starter
    Also you can aquire a nitrous plate after getting a webber.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    DGV + Cam + Header + Exhaust != 150hp

130 maybe, but thats just a guess. I ran the numbers though one of those ET based HP calcualtors when I was running that setup but I can't remereber what they were. I'll have to dig out some old time slips and see. The car was running 16.8 or something close to that in the 1/4.

andy

Vehicle
    89 honda accord LX
    can you get jets for the factory carbs? where how much? thanks

zach

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    88starter---ever dynoed? or compared with other people with what they have? or totaled projectred HP gains from all that shit? nice ride though

-Travis-

1988starter
    I have never dynoed it. My butt dyno says it is faster but I might have a bit more lets see here
    Cam approx 10% so 10 hp
    CAI K&N filter 5-8hp
    Header 5-7 hp
    highflow cat and dynomax 4-7 hp
    FPR MSD wires plugs 1-2 hp
    Secondary butterfly conv 2 hp

10+5+5+4+1+2=27
    10+8+7+7+2+2=36
    so approx 147-156 but I am not sure. It is probably less.
    Last edited by 1988starter; 03-20-2003 at 04:20 PM.

Quote:

He's gone forever! He's not coming back.

Vehicle
    94 Ex accord 5spd (coupe)
    what nate is part of the boards, without nate this is going to get borrrinnggg, either bring nate back, or someone will have to try to step in his place

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    wow..ben your right there isnt the big banner "3G STICKERS BY 89ACCORDNATE".....man i miss him.......
    why did he get banned?>

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    If someone steps in his place they will end up like he did. Anyways, I have the new throttle cable and new jets in and also I removed all of the vacuum lines and cruise control and a lot of unnecessary things. The car runs so nice. I can't wait until my cam gets here. I suppose I should find a torque wrench and feeler gauges for the install part. I just got my rear strut bar today also. I will add nitrious to my car when I have everything possible done to it and fixed first. I need to install my cam, want to get lx-i pistons or custom ones, weber manifold from phydeaux, and msd 6al, then I will buy the weber plate for nitrious and then get a kit. I will also need a bigger fuel pump and reg. and to fix my damn clicking cv joints.

1988starter
    Yea deffantly get the torqe wrench and the feeler gauges you will need them. Also don't get the cheepest wrench the middle one is good you cann't be too carefull I believe. Also don't forget zipties and to ajust the valves when they are very cold.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1994 Honda Accord, saving up for 2004 Subaru WRX
    WORD TO THE WISE!!!!!!!!!!

if you're going to be building your engine to over 140-150hp... and driving it like a 500hp Supra, GET A DAMNE 5 SPEED!!!

Your Automatic, regardless of model, will be torn to SHREADS... they cant take much. Belive me.. I'm on my second, and my next is going to be a 5 speed with a stage 2 clutch, bearing, and aluminum flywheel. Possibly an Integra gear swap while im at it.

That's one way to make your car take off like a 160hp car anyway... lower gear ratios for torque.

Hmm... could you actually "burn rubber" with all that on a stock A20A1??? hmmm... the possiblities...
    ForSale!
    88Accord LX AUTO
    NEEDS:
    Transmission
    Tires
    Altinator
    Belts
    Battery
    PERFECT Maroon Interior

Call or Contact Dan @ 1-617-893-8320 or E-mail at [email protected]

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Well my trans seems fine... and I drive hard. http://www.cardomain.com/id/a20a1e
    Chek out what I've done so far.
    - llia

Vehicle
    Honda CR-V
    Last edited by RCracer; 03-24-2003 at 10:01 AM.
    Honda CR-V Mk2
    Quantum Sport Saloon

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500 hemi. 1990 Nissan 240sx.
    Why would someone carb an efi? Simplicity to work on?
    1995 Lexus SC300
    1990 Nissan 240sx.

DX User
    Vehicle
    '87 Honda Accord LX
    because depending on the application, they're better

there are a lot of EFI systems, especially older ones (I can't speak for the ones on our cars mind you) that have absolutely NO flow potential. For example, a Chevy v8 from the late 80s with the TBI fuel injection is a raging POS ... flows about 350 cfm and has absolutely no room to modify. So a common swap is to a 750cfm Qjet, or even a basic 600cfm Holley.

And in terms of pure and simple racing, EFI has yet to out-do carbs in overall horsepower. quit simply, no one's built an EFI system to make, say, 3000 hp. As far as a guy like you or me is concerned, cost is an issue as well; again the example of the chevy smallblock: you buy an old musclecar and wanna go racing, your choice is a $50 Quadrajet or a $1500 aftermarket EFI system ... tho in this case you're not converting to carb.

BTW, a question for A20A1: I have an automatic as well, recently changed the fluid and it's doing a much better job of shifting. Is there an FAQ on adjusting the TV cable? Or can you just fill me in the on the details? I'd like it to be able to hold the current gear during corner as you mentioned in that link you posted.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    I belive this was allready discussed earliey. This is a list of parts that I belive Openloop used to reach 160hp. 10.5:1 pistons... just like your old car, reground cam, Cold Air Intake(its like a hood scoop, but at the bottom of the car by the wheel), headers, full exhaust system, remove Air conditioning, port and polish, full MSD ignition, adjustable cam gear from Openloop, diameter (($1800) The cold air intake is for EFI only but I have seen a custom intake for a carb. Mindlos put one on his car.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.